Topic of Paper - What should it be?

In summary, the conversation suggests that the individual is looking for a topic to write a 5-6 page paper on related to physics. Suggestions include writing about the accomplishments of a famous physicist, particularly Richard Feynman, or focusing on orbital motion which can be understood without knowledge of calculus.
Banaticus
Topic of Paper -- What should it be?

I'm looking for a topic to write a 5-6 page paper on. I'm talking Calc 1 now so the phyics class that I'm in doesn't really have any calculus in it. Any suggestions on what might make a good topic?

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe on the accomplishments of a famous physicist or someone who has contributed to physics a lot, and about what they have added to physics.

If you want to do a biography, I suggest Richard Feynman. He was a very interesting person, as well as a great physicist, and I think he would make for a colorful subject.

Is it supposed to be a physics paper, or a paper related to physics?

Right something about orbital motion... it's cool, and you can get a rough understanding without really knowing calculus (hell, Newton proved Kepler using geometry!)

1. What is the purpose of the paper?

The purpose of the paper is to explore, analyze, and discuss a specific topic in depth. This may include presenting new research, synthesizing existing research, or proposing a new idea or solution.

2. How should I choose a topic for my paper?

When choosing a topic, consider your interests, the current state of research in the field, and the potential impact of your topic. It is important to choose a topic that is both manageable and significant.

3. How should I structure my paper?

The structure of your paper will depend on your specific topic and research question. However, most scientific papers follow a similar structure, including an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion.

4. What types of sources should I use for my paper?

You should use a variety of reputable sources such as peer-reviewed journal articles, books, and reputable websites. It is important to critically evaluate your sources and ensure that they are relevant and reliable.

5. How can I make my paper stand out?

To make your paper stand out, ensure that your topic is original and your research is thorough and well-supported. Additionally, consider presenting your findings in a creative and engaging way, such as through visual aids or interactive elements.