Transfer function for electrical circuit

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with obtaining a transfer function from a circuit marked with a question sign. The speaker suggests using a matrix to make the process easier and gives the formula for calculating the transfer function. They also ask for assistance with the exercise and provide a link to an image. The overall goal is to compute Vout/Vin by introducing a variable and applying KCL equations.
heyapple
Hello!

I have a problem to get a transfer function from my circuit(this circuit is marked with question sign "?").
For upper circuit this function is calculated...this can be seen in image.

I tought that it would be easier to get transfer function by using matrix, so then W(s) = 1/a11 By doing that I get W(s) = 1/C1*s*R1+C2*s*(R1+(C1*s*R1+1)*R2

I would be very thankful if someone could me with this exercise.

This image can be seen here:

postimage. org/image/n5uaq1f51/

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
To calculate transfer function you basically need to compute Vout/Vin. Introduce a variable V for the intermediate node, and apply KCL equations and eliminate V to obtain a relation between Vout and Vin.

Related to Transfer function for electrical circuit

1. What is a transfer function for an electrical circuit?

A transfer function for an electrical circuit is a mathematical representation that describes how the output of the circuit responds to different input signals. It is usually expressed as a ratio of the output to the input, and it helps in analyzing the behavior of the circuit.

2. How is a transfer function derived for an electrical circuit?

A transfer function can be derived using circuit analysis techniques such as Kirchhoff's laws, Ohm's law, and nodal analysis. These techniques involve solving a set of equations to determine the relationship between the input and output signals of the circuit.

3. What information can be obtained from a transfer function?

A transfer function provides information about the frequency response, stability, and other characteristics of an electrical circuit. It can also be used to analyze the effects of different components on the overall behavior of the circuit.

4. How is a transfer function used in circuit design?

In circuit design, a transfer function can be used to determine the necessary components and their values to achieve a desired output response. It can also help in identifying any potential issues or limitations in the circuit design.

5. Are there any limitations to using a transfer function for circuit analysis?

While transfer functions are useful for analyzing linear circuits, they may not accurately represent the behavior of non-linear circuits. Additionally, they assume ideal conditions and do not account for factors such as temperature, noise, and component tolerances.