Transfer of torque - wheel to wheel contact

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
vaxuum
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I am trying to calculate the the torque of a system which uses various size wheels to transfer power.

Explained:

A motor, of 100Nm torque, 40000 rpm, has a shaft of 7mm diameter in contact with a wheel 20mm in diameter. This wheel is in contact with a 15mm wheel.

I need to work out the torque of the 15mm wheel.

Any help would be much appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Assuming no slip between the wheels you treat them like gear/pulleys.

Do you know how to work out the change in torque on pulleys or gears?
 
Thanks!

That's the route I have been traveling down but wasnt sure if that was correct.

Is it possible to include slip?