Treasure Map Vector Help: Solving Directions and Distance for Buried Treasure

• Thread starter MHerbert11
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Map Vector
In summary, the conversation is about a treasure map with directions to the buried treasure, but the person encounters an angry dragon on the way. They must navigate around the dragon by walking along the yellow brick road at an angle east of north. The homework questions ask for the direction and distance needed to reach the treasure. The person has attempted to solve the problem but has not been successful. They are seeking help to find the correct solution.
MHerbert11
Vector Help!

Homework Statement

The treasure map in the figure gives the following directions to the buried treasure: "Start at the old oak tree, walk due north for 490 paces, then due east for 150 paces. Dig." But when you arrive, you find an angry dragon just north of the tree. To avoid the dragon, you set off along the yellow brick road at an angle east of north. After walking 300 paces you see an opening through the woods.

Homework Equations

Which direction should you go to reach the treasure? (in degrees west of north)

How far should you go to reach the treasure? (in paces)

The Attempt at a Solution

My attempts have just accumulated to be two pages of scribbling and 7 wrong answers. PLEASE HELP!

Physics news on Phys.org

Can you post a figure and show one of your attempts? I don't have any idea what the problem statement is saying.

1. What is a treasure map vector?

A treasure map vector is a type of computer graphic representation of a treasure map. It is created using mathematical equations and points, allowing it to be scaled to any size without losing quality. It is often used in graphic design and illustration to create maps for games, books, and other media.

2. How do I create a treasure map vector?

To create a treasure map vector, you will need to use vector graphic software such as Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW. Start by sketching out your map on paper, then scan it into your computer. Use the software to trace over your sketch, creating vector paths and shapes. Once you have all the elements of your map in vector form, you can add color and texture to create a final treasure map vector.

3. Can I use a treasure map vector commercially?

Yes, you can use a treasure map vector commercially as long as you have the proper license and permissions. Many stock image websites offer treasure map vectors for commercial use, but it is always best to read the terms and conditions or contact the creator for permission.

4. How can I edit a treasure map vector?

To edit a treasure map vector, you will need to have vector graphic software such as Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW. With these programs, you can select and manipulate individual vector elements, change colors and textures, and add or remove elements to customize the map to your liking.

5. Are there any resources for learning how to create treasure map vectors?

Yes, there are many online tutorials and courses available for learning how to create treasure map vectors. Some popular resources include YouTube tutorials, online courses on platforms like Udemy and Skillshare, and instructional books or eBooks. You can also find helpful tips and tricks from other vector artists on social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter.