FeynCalc Tutorial: Using w/ Mathematica to Check Cross Sections

• Thread starter smallphi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tutorial
In summary, FeynCalc is a Mathematica package used for symbolic calculations in quantum field theory, particularly in particle physics. It can be installed by downloading from the official website or using the built-in package manager in Mathematica. It is compatible with all versions of Mathematica, and can be used to check and simplify cross sections in particle physics, as well as for calculations in other fields of physics such as condensed matter and general relativity. However, its primary purpose is for quantum field theory calculations.
smallphi
I am trying to use FeynCalc package for Mathematica to check some of my cross sections computations. Is there somewhere a tutorial with examples how to use the package?

Physics news on Phys.org

Yes, there is a comprehensive tutorial available for using FeynCalc with Mathematica to check cross sections computations. The tutorial can be found on the FeynCalc website under the "Tutorials" section. It includes step-by-step instructions and examples for using the package to calculate cross sections for various processes. Additionally, there are several online resources and forums where users share their experiences and tips for using FeynCalc effectively. I recommend exploring these resources to further enhance your understanding and usage of the package.

1. What is FeynCalc?

FeynCalc is a Mathematica package that allows for symbolic calculations in quantum field theory. It is used to simplify calculations and check cross sections in particle physics.

2. How do I install FeynCalc?

To install FeynCalc, you can download the package from the official website and follow the installation instructions. Alternatively, you can use the built-in package manager in Mathematica to install FeynCalc.

3. Can I use FeynCalc with any version of Mathematica?

Yes, FeynCalc is compatible with all versions of Mathematica. However, some features may not be available in older versions.

4. How can I use FeynCalc to check cross sections?

After installing FeynCalc, you can use the package's built-in functions to calculate and simplify cross sections in particle physics. You can also use the visualization tools to plot the cross sections.

5. Is FeynCalc only useful for particle physics calculations?

No, FeynCalc can be used for calculations in other fields of physics such as condensed matter physics and general relativity. However, it is primarily designed for quantum field theory calculations.