Uh .... where's the "rules" link?

• Thread starter phinds
  • Start date
In summary, @Greg Bernhardt is working on a way to make the "Info" dropdown menu work properly on mobile devices, but it is still affected by screen magnification.
phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I was going to point someone to the rules but can't find them. The "info" dropdown selection just opens the main page of PF

upload_2018-8-6_21-1-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-6_21-1-1.png
    upload_2018-8-6_21-1-1.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 792
Physics news on Phys.org
It's in "Info."

But I don't GET anything when I click on info. Again, the "info" dropdown selection just opens the main page of PF (well, OK, that's SOMETHING ... but not much)

Bystander said:
It's in "Info."
Guess I have to add, "for me." ##$$@@%% multiple platforms. o:)o:)

phinds said:
OK. Thanks
btw, it should also be at the very bottom called "terms of service"

Bystander said:
Guess I have to add, "for me." ##$$@@%% multiple platforms. o:)o:)
Ah, don't worry about it. Nobody pays any attention to you anyway. :oldlaugh:

Greg Bernhardt said:
btw, it should also be at the very bottom called "terms of service"
OK. I don't see that either so I assume you mean you're working on both.

Interesting that @Bystander sees it on a mobil app. I've seen other comments here about differences between mobile app and just computer browser. Guess it takes a lot of testing to make sure everything works when changes are made.

The "Info" dropdown menu works fine for me in Firefox on MacOS.

rules.gif

Aha! When I make my browser window narrow enough, the top menu collapses so it has that "hamburger icon" on the right. Clicking on it gives me what your picture shows. Then the "Info" link does indeed take me to the home page.

Can you make your browser window wider? Maybe you can use this as an excuse to buy a bigger display. :oldwink:

Attachments

• rules.gif
    rules.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 471
phinds said:
OK. I don't see that either so I assume you mean you're working on both.
That would be really weird. Are you sure?
It is also linked in the help section.

tos.png

Attachments

• tos.png
    tos.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 348
phinds said:
But I don't GET anything when I click on info. Again, the "info" dropdown selection just opens the main page of PF (well, OK, that's SOMETHING ... but not much)

The known issue is caused by screen magnification. Use CTRL-minus sign to zoom out, until INFO becomes part of the top bar, then it will work.

At 110% zoom
slask.png
At 100% zoom
slisk.png

Attachments

• slask.png
    slask.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 421
  • slisk.png
    slisk.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 445
anorlunda said:
The known issue is caused by screen magnification. Use CTRL-minus sign to zoom out, until INFO becomes part of the top bar, then it will work.
OK, got it. Thanks.

@Greg Bernhardt , can this still be fixed or is it hopeless due to the magnification? I mean, I SEE the "info" at magnification but it just doesn't do anything.

jtbell said:
Maybe you can use this as an excuse to buy a bigger display. :oldwink:
I have a huge display, I just have poor eyesight. I have new glasses lenses on order which will probably fix the problem

phinds said:
OK, got it. Thanks.

@Greg Bernhardt , can this still be fixed or is it hopeless due to the magnification? I mean, I SEE the "info" at magnification but it just doesn't do anything.
Info now links to the rules

Greg Bernhardt said:
Info now links to the rules
Ah ... so it does. Thanks.

Considering how important the PF Rules are, and how often they are invoked in the running of this forum, I expect that a direct link to it should be front and center, rather than being buried under "INFO". Instead, less important items such as "VIDEO", "PHYSICS NEWS", etc...etc. have their own direct links.

Zz.

Last edited:
Likes dlgoff, Evo, Nugatory and 1 other person
ZapperZ said:
Considering how important the PF Rules are, and how often they are invoked in the running of this forum, I expect that a directly link to it should be front and center, rather than being buried under "INFO". Instead, less important items such as "VIDEO", "PHYSICS NEWS", etc...etc. have their own directly links.
what he said (very small).jpg

Attachments

• what he said (very small).jpg
    what he said (very small).jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 404
Likes Evo and Charles Link
anorlunda said:
The known issue is caused by screen magnification.
And...
HAL 9000.jpg

:-p...

Attachments

• HAL 9000.jpg
    HAL 9000.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 422

1. What are the rules for this website?

The rules for this website can be found by clicking on the "rules" link, which is usually located in the top or bottom navigation bar of the website. These rules may vary depending on the specific website, so it's important to refer to the rules of the specific website you are using.

2. Why is the "rules" link important?

The "rules" link is important because it outlines the guidelines and expectations for using the website. It helps to ensure a safe and respectful online environment for all users.

3. How can I find the "rules" link?

The "rules" link is usually located in the top or bottom navigation bar of the website. It may also be found in the website's footer or in a separate "About" or "FAQ" section.

4. What happens if I don't follow the rules?

If you don't follow the rules of the website, you may face consequences such as being banned from the website or having your account suspended. It's important to read and follow the rules to avoid any negative repercussions.

5. Are the rules the same for every website?

No, the rules for each website may vary. It's important to read and follow the specific rules for the website you are using, as they may be different from other websites.