Help with Homework: Solving a Math Formula

In summary, the individual is seeking assistance with their homework, specifically with transforming integro-differential equations to the Laplace domain and using known properties to solve them algebraically. They also mention the usefulness of the properties $$L\{ \mathrm{f} (t) \}= \mathrm{F}(s)$$, $$L\{ \mathrm{f}^\prime (t) \}=s \, \mathrm{F}(s)-\mathrm{f} (0^+)$$, and $$L\left\{ \int_{0^+}^t \mathrm{f} (u) du \right\}=\frac{1}{s} \, \mathrm{F}(s)$$.
Lucky Pradana
Homework Statement
Find i(t) and y(t) in this laplace of circuit formula
Relevant Equations
Laplace transform to find i(t) and y(t)
i want to ask about my homework
im not understand what to do with this formula :

Attachments

• assignment.jpg
    assignment.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 183
Physics news on Phys.org
Transform the integro-differential equations to the Laplace domain using known properties.
In the Laplace domain the equations can be solves algebraically.
Transform the solution back to the time domain.
useful properties
$$L\{ \mathrm{f} (t) \}= \mathrm{F}(s)$$
$$L\{ \mathrm{f}^\prime (t) \}=s \, \mathrm{F}(s)-\mathrm{f} (0^+)$$
$$L\left\{ \int_{0^+}^t \mathrm{f} (u) du \right\}=\frac{1}{s} \, \mathrm{F}(s)$$

• Informative
Likes berkeman and Lucky Pradana
thanks for the formula,helped a lot !

Likes berkeman
Per the forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up, homework questions must be accompanied by an attempt. Be sure to include an attempt in any future homework questions you might have.

Also, if you're working on problems where you need to convert differential equations or integro-differential equations (like #1 in the two you posted), you should have access to a table of Laplace transforms. If you do a web search for "Laplace transform table" you should get lots of hits.

1. How do I solve a math formula?

To solve a math formula, you can follow these steps:

• 1. Identify the variables and constants in the formula.
  • 2. Substitute the given values for the variables.
  • 3. Use the correct order of operations (PEMDAS) to solve the formula.
  • 4. Check your answer by plugging it back into the original formula.

2. What is the order of operations (PEMDAS) and how do I use it?

The order of operations is a set of rules that tells you the correct order to solve a math formula. PEMDAS stands for Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication and Division (from left to right), Addition and Subtraction (from left to right). To use PEMDAS, you must first solve any operations within parentheses, then exponents, then multiplication and division (from left to right), and finally addition and subtraction (from left to right).

3. Can I use a calculator to solve a math formula?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve a math formula. However, it is important to understand the steps and concepts behind solving the formula, rather than just relying on a calculator. Also, make sure to use a calculator that follows the order of operations (PEMDAS) to get the correct answer.

4. What should I do if I get a different answer from my friend?

If you and your friend get different answers when solving the same math formula, it could be due to a mistake in one of your calculations or a difference in the values used for the variables. Double check your work and make sure you are both using the same values for the variables.

5. How can I check if my answer is correct?

You can check if your answer is correct by plugging it back into the original formula and seeing if it gives the same result. You can also use a calculator to double check your answer. If you are still unsure, you can ask a teacher or tutor for help.