Voltage/Current of inductor and capactiors 2nd order circuits

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Larrytsai
Messages
222
Reaction score
0
http://www.ece.ubc.ca/~shahriar/eece251_notes/eece251_assignment6.pdf

Question 4 on the link.

I understand why the top inductor to the left has i = 0A but I don't understand why it has a voltage of 3.816V, can anyone care to explain?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Larrytsai said:
http://www.ece.ubc.ca/~shahriar/eece251_notes/eece251_assignment6.pdf

Question 4 on the link.

I understand why the top inductor to the left has i = 0A but I don't understand why it has a voltage of 3.816V, can anyone care to explain?

When you work out the voltage across the inductor at t=0+, what do you get for the voltage? Can you show us your KCL or KVL equations and your solution for the inductor voltage at t=0+?
 
Last edited by a moderator: