1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Volume bounded by cylinder and planes

1. Aug 31, 2014 #1
    Must double integrate using type I or type II planar region D to find volume bounded by

Cylinder y^2+z^2=4

And

Planes
    X=2y
    X=0
    Z=0

ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1409498322.749856.jpg ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1409498356.193466.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2014 #2

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Many of the regulars here, myself included, will not help on question that is posted as an image, let alone sideways, instead of typing it as forum guidelines specify. Read vela's guidelines for posting at the top of this forum.

4. Aug 31, 2014 #3
    The two pictures include my attempt at the answer.

5. Aug 31, 2014 #4
    What else would you like? The problem is stated very succinctly in the textbook as post 1 without more or without fewer words.

The pictures are my attempts at deriving the answer to this NOT simple problem.

6. Aug 31, 2014 #5
    I wish to double check my answer and see if there are additional ways without using polar coordinates to get to the answer.

7. Aug 31, 2014 #6

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

I agree with LCKurtz. If you want help with your problem, at least put in the effort to post the (second) image so that one can read it without too much effort. Besides being sideways, it appears that your photo cuts off some of your work at the boundaries of the image.

Better yet, post the work directly in the text window.

8. Aug 31, 2014 #7
    This problem requires a picture in order to solve it.

I provided the essential picture, yet I am getting complaints about posting a picture.

I am assuming that you all did not even attempt to think about this problem.

9. Aug 31, 2014 #8

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

So you are paying NO attention to what you were told?

10. Aug 31, 2014 #9
    Double integral (4-y^2)^.5 dy dx from x=0 to 4 and y=-2 to x/2

11. Aug 31, 2014 #10
    You're going to have to look at picture to even make sense of the scribbles I wrote above. So no more complaints.

12. Aug 31, 2014 #11

SammyS

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You have totally ignored the comments about this image being sideways.

attachment.php?attachmentid=72596&d=1409498356.jpg

It has also been pointed out that some information is cut off this image.

The good folks who provide help on thts forum are volunteers.

Please try to work with us.

13. Sep 1, 2014 #12
  14. Sep 1, 2014 #13

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Not done. There are still parts cut off at the edges.
    By all means post the diagram as an image, but take the trouble to type all the equations in, preferably using LaTeX. It costs you maybe 10 minutes, but saves everyone else a few minutes each.
    You want help, make it easy for people wishing to give you help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted