What are some graphical,colored,cartoony books?

• Thread starter nody
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the person is looking for science books with lots of pictures, drawings, and diagrams that explain complex topics such as physics, math, and programming. They are not looking for books meant for children, but rather ones that are well-illustrated and easy to understand. They mention examples of books they enjoyed, such as the manga guide to linear algebra and head first programming. They also mention that they have used introductory texts with illustrations, but they may not be in color if they are from a developing country. They apologize for their English and suggest posting their request in a different forum.
nody
Well I always used to like books which explain stuff on examples and that are well illustrated,drawn.So I ask,could you tell me what are some science books with lots of pictures drawings,diagrams,etc...?Btw not searching for books which are for kids,I am a college student but just don't want too serious black and white books,but I want books which talk and explain serious physics,math,programming stuff.Example books which I liked : manga guide to linear algebra,head first C,head first programming,also to visualise something really helps me when I learn something new.Sorry for my english and thanks for reading.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd try posting this in the General Forum instead of the Sci-Fi forum.

All the Introductory texts I have used contains diagrams, pictures, illustrations etc. where needed.As I am from developing country so books are in Black-n-White but I am sure US edition is colorful.

1. What is the purpose of using graphics, colors, and cartoon-style illustrations in books?

The use of graphics, colors, and cartoons in books is primarily to enhance visual appeal and engagement for readers. These elements can also help convey complex ideas and information in a more accessible and entertaining way.

2. Is there a specific target audience for books with graphical, colored, and cartoony elements?

While these types of books may be more popular among younger readers, they can also be enjoyed by people of all ages. The use of graphics, colors, and cartoons can make a book more visually appealing and engaging for readers of any age.

3. Do books with graphical, colored, and cartoony elements have less educational value compared to traditional books?

No, the use of graphics, colors, and cartoons in books does not necessarily mean they have less educational value. In fact, these elements can enhance the learning experience and help readers retain information better.

4. Are there any drawbacks to using graphics, colors, and cartoons in books?

One potential drawback is that some readers may find these elements too distracting or overwhelming. Additionally, books with heavy use of graphics, colors, and cartoons may be more expensive to produce, which can impact the cost for readers.

5. Are there any specific genres or types of books that commonly use graphics, colors, and cartoons?

While there are no specific genres or types of books that exclusively use these elements, they are commonly found in children's books, graphic novels, and educational materials. However, more and more books in various genres are incorporating graphics, colors, and cartoons as a way to enhance the reading experience.