What do you want for Christmas?

• Thread starter moose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Christmas
In summary: I'll get a Kindle Fire.In summary, the person wants a few Guns N' Roses CDs, a couple Pink Floyd CDs, The Feynman Lectures on Physics, a green laser, Acitifed, socks, a microwave/convection combination oven, case of Acitifed, a laptop, and Spandex should be banned.
Ivan Seeking said:
Female Bigfoot seeks male bigfoot - 26
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/w4m/234533758.html

Oh, she's hot Ivan, but Milwaukee? Those long distance relationships never work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nothing. It is not in my nature to delay obtaining anything that I want. Nor to delay giving anything that I want to give.

Danger said:
Being an atheist, I don't celebrate.
There's no need to let that stop you! There's nothing particularly religious about decorating trees and watching kids tear open presents then having a big feast! It's just fun. Think of it as more of just a family tradition than a religious holiday.

If someone insists upon giving me something, I want it to be a surprise. I don't care what the hell it is, as long as I don't know until I open it.
I used to say that, until I realized my sister would waste her money buying me stuff I would just end up throwing away (I really would prefer if she would just not buy me anything at all, and keep telling her and my parents this, but they refuse to listen, so instead waste their money trying to guess what I might want), so finally caved in and started telling her what I want just so it's not a total waste. Which reminds me, I have a suede jacket she gave me that needs to get donated. It's not even close to my style, I had no need for a jacket of any kind (I'm capable of buying my own clothes) AND it's three sizes too big! I figure she must have picked it up on clearance (which always makes it impossible to exchange), but I've never in my life worn anything even close to an extra-large, so I don't know what brain cells misfired the day she bought that for me. It's a really nice quality jacket though, so someone should be able to get good use of it if I find the right place to donate it.

I would like to be with my entire family for christmas, it hasn't ever happened (not that I can remember anyways)

But that's impossible so I'd like whatever is given to me to be a surprise, and I would love it to have meaning. If it fits that criteria it is a great present.

I also wouldn't mind a new boyfriend, one that is intelligent for once, that I can talk to.

rhuthwaite said:
I would like to be with my entire family for christmas, it hasn't ever happened (not that I can remember anyways)

That's sad. But that wish will come true for sure once, head up! :smile:

rhuthwaite said:
I also wouldn't mind a new boyfriend, one that is intelligent for once, that I can talk to.

Seems that a big part of the female population wants males for Christmas. Interesting, do perhaps you (unlike Evo?:tongue2:) have an idea how he would fit under the Christmas tree? :wink:

He wouldn't have to stay under the christmas tree he could go in my christmas stockings ummm I mean stocking :blushing:

rhuthwaite said:
He wouldn't have to stay under the christmas tree he could go in my christmas stockings ummm I mean stocking :blushing:

Well, from the typical male perspective, I'd go for the Christmas stocking rather than being not put under a tree because there is no one. :biggrin:

You could always dress up as a christmas tree...

http://www.imagecabin.com/?view=16612751267eb2935a3e08c57

rhuthwaite said:

[/URL]

Hm, yes, but that's too simple. And where are the lights and the star on the top, huh? :tongue2: :wink:

Im working on it... its a work in progress. I think my outfit is rather cute, have to wear it mext week for a christmas party

rhuthwaite said:
Im working on it... its a work in progress. I think my outfit is rather cute, have to wear it mext week for a christmas party

I don't think that's a very good idea, since there's a great chance you'll be mistaken for a Christmas tree. On the other hand, you can just stand somewhere and at a point collect all the presents by your feet and get away from the party and spend the whole night unwrapping presents. Gee, that sure sounds tempting. I think I should dress as a Christmas tree, too. :wink:

wow I never thought of it like that! Great plan :smile:
You can't go as a christmas tree as well! I don't think you would suit the outfit :uhh:

rhuthwaite said:
You can't go as a christmas tree as well! I don't think you would suit the outfit :uhh:

And just what does make you think that? Tss. I'll make the greatest Christmas tree ever. I'll out-Christmas-tree you, that's for sure. :wink: :tongue2: :biggrin:

I challenge you, dress up as a christmas tree and we can have a vote
Im still waking up took me a while to read that line it took a while to click... for a second took that last part as de-christmas tree you :uhh:

rhuthwaite said:
I challenge you, dress up as a christmas tree and we can have a vote

If I was crazy enough to post pictures of myself in a Christmass-tree-outfit, I'd actually accept the challenge. :wink:

Haha you saying I am crazy?! :cry:

You just know I would beat you

rhuthwaite said:
Haha you saying I am crazy?! :cry:

You just know I would beat you

No, I'm not saying you're crazy. :smile: And please, don't beat me, since the last thing I need is to be beaten up by a Christmas tree. :biggrin:

rhuthwaite said:

You've just got to see if you can add a couple of strings of battery-operated LEDs to that outfit, Ruth! The more you resemble a Christmas tree, the larger the pile of gifts heaped around you. :biggrin:

I think I want this blowgun:

http://www.tbotech.com/images/Blowgun/blow-gun.jpg

Math Is Hard said:
I think I want this blowgun:

Which you will use for..? :biggrin:

radou said:
Which you will use for..? :biggrin:

I thought it might be good for those new members who only post once and run away. It would slow them down a little.

Math Is Hard said:
I thought it might be good for those new members who only post once and run away. It would slow them down a little.

They're quicker than you, at least I assume they are. :biggrin:

rhuthwaite said:

There's a longer waiting list for those than for the PS3! If you weren't so fussy, demanding one that's both intelligent AND you can talk to, Santa might be able to scrounge up something for under your tree, but if you're going to ask for the impossible, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed yet again. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
There's a longer waiting list for those than for the PS3! If you weren't so fussy, demanding one that's both intelligent AND you can talk to, Santa might be able to scrounge up something for under your tree, but if you're going to ask for the impossible, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed yet again. :rolleyes:

Now, let's not overdo things. :wink:

rhuthwaite said:
OK, now I want a time machine and a round-trip ticket to NZ to cover that similarly unsatisfactory gap from my junior year of HS to my sophomore year of college. I've got to come back in time to meet my wife, though. :biggrin: I think I can find a DeLorean...

Last edited:
Anything out of imagination.

I'm debating whether to buy for myself the new 8gig iPod nano, or a new 30gig iPod video. They both share the same cost. Hmm

EDIT: What am I still doing on PF? It's 1:46am and I have loads of homework left.

Moonbear said:

Surely it isn't that impossible and that maybe I can just get bumped up the waiting list

turbo-1 said:
OK, now I want a time machine and a round-trip ticket to NZ to cover that similarly unsatisfactory gap from my junior year of HS to my sophomore year of college. I've got to come back in time to meet my wife, though. :biggrin:

I'm flattered turbo, I would recommend coming to new zealand for a holiday to anyone it is such a beautiful country!

rhuthwaite said:
I'm flattered turbo, I would recommend coming to new zealand for a holiday to anyone it is such a beautiful country!
It was a weird time for me. I had girlfriends (one of which was a Miss Maine runner-up) during that period that were attractive and were nice to me, but were no fun to talk to. When I got to college, I sometimes found girlfriends that were as smart as hell and fun to talk to, but we didn't really click. It's a mystery. Maybe my biological and real ages didn't line up...who knows?

Anyway, I would love to travel down-under, but I have a severe sensitivity to the chemicals in fragranced perfumes, colognes, and personal-care products, as well as detergents and fabric softeners (respiratory difficulty, migraines, extreme hypertension, and severe joint pain.) My cousin and his wife spent 5-6 years in the Melbourne area and wanted us to share vacations with them in New Guinea, New Zealand, and Tasmania, and I would dearly have loved for us to join them, except that I would have been taken off the plane in a body bag. Their photographs made me ache to join them.

turbo-1 said:
It was a weird time for me. I had girlfriends (one of which was a Miss Maine runner-up) during that period that were attractive and were nice to me, but were no fun to talk to. When I got to college, I sometimes found girlfriends that were as smart as hell and fun to talk to, but we didn't really click. It's a mystery. Maybe my biological and real ages didn't line up...who knows?
So what sort of woman did you end up marrying?
I always end up with the real boys boy and it never works out. I don't want to just be there to show off to his mates and clean up after him.

turbo-1 said:
Anyway, I would love to travel down-under, but I have a severe sensitivity to the chemicals in fragranced perfumes, colognes, and personal-care products, as well as detergents and fabric softeners (respiratory difficulty, migraines, extreme hypertension, and severe joint pain.) My cousin and his wife spent 5-6 years in the Melbourne area and wanted us to share vacations with them in New Guinea, New Zealand, and Tasmania, and I would dearly have loved for us to join them, except that I would have been taken off the plane in a body bag. Their photographs made me ache to join them.
Thats a shame! So can't you travel overseas at all? I couldn't imagine my life without traveling Have you always been so sensitive to chemicals?

rhuthwaite said:
So what sort of woman did you end up marrying?
I always end up with the real boys boy and it never works out. I don't want to just be there to show off to his mates and clean up after him.
I found a nice local girl that shared a lot of my interests. We've been together for 31 years, now. This picture is from 1976.
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5481/usqp3.th.jpg
rhuthwaite said:
Thats a shame! So can't you travel overseas at all? I couldn't imagine my life without traveling Have you always been so sensitive to chemicals?
I can't even go into a supermarket, with all the fragranced cosmetics and cleaning supplies they sell. Getting on an airplane with the general public would be suicide. The problem started about ten years ago, when I had to share office space with a woman who doused herself in fragrances every day, and work with other women throughout the day that did likewise. I found a new job, but eventually I needed an assistant, so the boss saddled me with his girlfriend who came to work made up like Barbie every day, and pretty soon I was VERY sick. I couldn't get her to stop wearing fragranced cosmetics and the boss wouldn't make her stop. I tried to hang in there because I needed the job and it paid well (incentives for performance), but that was a stupid thing to do. Now years later, my immune system "turns on me" when I get anywhere near fragrances. BTW, many "unscented" products are loaded with masking fragrances, and those are particularly nasty. Anybody that wonders why children seem to have more asthma and behavioral problems these days ought to look at this list:
http://www.organichealthandbeauty.com/EPA-Fragrance-Study_ep_46-1.html

turbo-1 said:
I found a nice local girl that shared a lot of my interests. We've been together for 31 years, now.

Congratulations! That is ages :eek: especially in todays standards where a lot of marriages don't last long at all

rhuthwaite said:
Congratulations! That is ages :eek: especeally in todays standards where a lot of marriages don't last long at all
We are soul-mates and look forward to all of our time together. If you cannot find a guy that makes you that happy, DON'T SETTLE. Keep your own council, mix, and keep it light. It will happen.

Best regards.

Last edited:
One more thing...if your BF/GF (for both men or women) cannot keep your confidences, cannot treat you with special care as a friend, and does not think of YOUR best interests when planning a trip, party, or even a casual get-together, you should ditch them ASAP. Your relationship is only as solid as their need, and that is a pitiful way to live.