What is the dumbest thing you have done or seen done?

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
6,752
172
I shorted out the power to an entire hospital once.

I saw someone tell his five year old son to look down into a failed fireworks cone to see why it's not going.

I drove over 140 mph once. At times I could turn the wheel without causing the car to respond! I will never know how I survived adolescence.
 
I caught a hen and threw it out from a balcony (about 8-10 meters above the ground). After landing, it went back to its nest and I caught it again, and threw it out from the balcony, and the hen went back to it's nest, and....it survived!

After being attacked by a cock, I took revenge by throwing stones to it, hitting it by a long rod, and throwing it out from the balcony. I went to its nest at night, with a rod in my hand, switched on a light.... and the cock crowed(at about 8:30pm)!

Once I saw a guy laughing in a train while he was looking at some photographs. He's all by himself. He laughed continuousely for at least 15 minutes! Everyone in the train stared at him at least once coz he laughed out really loud.(perhaps he's sick) I found the scene pretty funny and I laughed too...oh I'm a normal person!
 
I

I, Brian

Dumbest thing? That's easy:

1/ Injecting myself with dental anaesthetic using a makeshift needle - to see what the effects were when it entered either a muscle or vein.

2/ Trying to create nitroglycerine one time in chemistry. But I used concentrated acids, instead of dilute, and they began to react violently, exactly where the glycerine was about to come through and form a highly dunstable high-explosive. I literally threw the lot over the bench into another sink and dropped to the floor. Nothing happened. But it killed my interest in explosives when I realised the damage I could've done to myself.



I, too, am amazed I survived adolesence.
 
615
5
rigged the door on my microwave so I could run it with my hand inside to see how it felt.

several times: drove my car into the desert, then everyone would get out of the car, we'd put it in gear and let it take off. We'd just stand there watching it drive away, then someone would yell "MacGyver!" and we'd all take off and try to catch it.

several times: accidently dropped an X-acto knife and stuck out my foot to stop it before it hit the floor.

several times: focused the sun with a magnifying glass onto my finger to see just how fast and how hot it was

too many times: slept with someone's drunk wife

Clamped hemostats onto a piece of flesh (earlobe, finger, nose, etc) Really hurts, and you have to squeeze it even tighter to remove them.

attempted to pick up a policeman's dropped night stick- while handcuffed. I just got my hands on it and the cop freaked out and jumped on the stick, pinning my fingers to the ground.

Called my ex girlfriend a "bi***" while she was holding my laptop.
 
698
2
Originally posted by tribdog
rigged the door on my microwave so I could run it with my hand inside to see how it felt.

several times: drove my car into the desert, then everyone would get out of the car, we'd put it in gear and let it take off. We'd just stand there watching it drive away, then someone would yell "MacGyver!" and we'd all take off and try to catch it.

several times: accidently dropped an X-acto knife and stuck out my foot to stop it before it hit the floor.

several times: focused the sun with a magnifying glass onto my finger to see just how fast and how hot it was

too many times: slept with someone's drunk wife

Clamped hemostats onto a piece of flesh (earlobe, finger, nose, etc) Really hurts, and you have to squeeze it even tighter to remove them.

attempted to pick up a policeman's dropped night stick- while handcuffed. I just got my hands on it and the cop freaked out and jumped on the stick, pinning my fingers to the ground.

Called my ex girlfriend a "bi***" while she was holding my laptop.
All understandable except that last one.. WTH were you thinking?
 
C

cmdr_sponge

i started using the internet
 
16
8
I once read a very long and boring post which mysteriously disapeared of the forums, and i forget who that person is.
 
C

cmdr_sponge

'they' made u forget. maybe ure one of them. who can i trust?
 
Originally posted by cmdr_sponge
'they' made u forget. maybe ure one of them. who can i trust?
NO! 1?

("Dumb" thing to do...)
 
M

Matt

Turned down dramamine on an 8 hour boating trip in the choppy San Francisco Bay...I became friends with the handrail that day.
 
Walking down the street so engrossed in a conversation, with two friends, I walked right into a "No Parking" sign's Steeel PoleOYE*
 
E

eNtRopY

I once saw someone whiz on an electric fence.

eNtRopY
 

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
6,752
172
While walking home from a friends house, I had to walk about 1/2 mile through the woods in the middle of the night. I happened upon about a 10' deep ditch which of course I could't see. As I fell in the hole, I hit the opposite edge with my chest and knocked myself breathless. So there I lay in the dark, at the bottom of a ditch, in the mud, gasping for my breath, and wondering why I didn't bring a flashlight.
 
31
0
I started to close the garage door while half way backed out of it, I tried to be slick. I didn't realize that my dad's car was parked crooked in the driveway so I had to slow down not to hit it. I turn back around and see the garage door just about to hit my hood and there was nothing I could do. Two years later and the damage is still there :(
 

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,312
2
Once I've injured my thigh playing soccer, so I decided to put some ANTIPHLOGISTINE on it. I put some too high on my thigh so my intimate part burn for some time. one of my friend did not belive the story so he decided to put some ANTIPHLOGISTINE directly on his family jewels. He belived me after that.
 
D

Dx

i once got my private parts caught in a metal fan.[b(] No im teasing. I once jumped off a moving car going 35 mph, very stupid!
dx
 
M

Matt

Shoot, in five years I'll be 22 - I'll be the intern you neglect, haha.
 
615
5
Originally posted by eNtRopY
I once saw someone whiz on an electric fence.

eNtRopY
Dang, can't believe I forgot that one. Do I know you?
That was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. Couldn't stop peeing.
 
698
2
Originally posted by tribdog
Dang, can't believe I forgot that one. Do I know you?
That was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. Couldn't stop peeing.
ROFL...

"You stupid idiot! How many times must I tell you? DON'T PISS ON THE ELECTRIC FENCE!"

ren and stimpy fans?
 
D

Dx

Oh Yes!

I watched trainspotter at the MOVIES!

movie

Dx
 

Want to reply to this thread?

"What is the dumbest thing you have done or seen done?" You must log in or register to reply here.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Top Threads

Top