What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 758K views
WWGD said:
And the same is the case now. It seems Santa is warning he will steal it: "You better watch out...Santa Claus is coming to town". You've been warned. I don't use one fortunately.
DYK that there are heavy metal versions of christmas songs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxl3Jx6Zn9c&t=11s
 
Physics news on Phys.org
WWGD said:
Are you süre they are?
Yëp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Evo said:
My daughter had a home vet come and put her to sleep tonight at 6pm. I am gutted. I am devastated.
I havered over whether to post this link because I keep finding something in my eye when I read it, and I haven't just lost a pet. Anyway - the author of a webcomic I read lost a cat recently, too, and posted this about it. I warn you that panels 3 and 4 are a punch in the gut, but panel 5 pays it off beautifully, in my opinion.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Evo and BillTre
Here's one about dogs, but similar sentiment:

48416309_10156910184552813_1026637573340004352_n.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Evo, WWGD, Ibix and 1 other person
Ibix said:
I havered over whether to post this link because I keep finding something in my eye when I read it, and I haven't just lost a pet. Anyway - the author of a webcomic I read lost a cat recently, too, and posted this about it. I warn you that panels 3 and 4 are a punch in the gut, but panel 5 pays it off beautifully, in my opinion.
I had to look up 'Daver'. I first thought it was something along the lines of " Acting like someone called Dave", but I was wrong. Spelling Bee'r?
 
WWGD said:
I had to look up 'Daver'. I first thought it was something along the lines of " Acting like someone called Dave", but I was wrong. Spelling Bee'r?
Daver? It says haver - to vacillate or otherwise be indecisive.

Edit: Anyway, @davenn is daver than both of us.
 
Ibix said:
Daver? It says haver - to vacillate or otherwise be indecisive.

Edit: Anyway, @davenn is daver than both of us.
Is anyone even daverer? Davenner?
 
WWGD said:
Is anyone even daverer? Davenner?
A, right, havered. I thought it was a weird conjugation of 'have' there in the UK:

" I havered Dave but he's less Daver than Davenn" or,

" I need to talk with Dave's sister. Haver call me ASAP".
 
WWGD said:
Killed by dëath?
ëdit:

Në ver mind, Ace of Spades
No joke: I saw yesterday how coefficient had been spelt in German in the 19th century: Coёfficient.
 
fresh_42 said:
No joke: I saw yesterday how coefficient had been spelt in German in the 19th century: Coёfficient.
Stranger if the umlaut had been on top of a consonant!
 
nuuskur said:
Friday 13, must hide! :bugeye:
One can hide. I increased exercise repetitions from 10 to 13 a set. Cannot be too careful :partytime:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Klystron said:
Cannot be too careful
Didn't help. Milk boiled over, and then I found it was spoiled anyway ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
fresh_42 said:
spoiled anyway ...
You're "blind/deaf" in both nostrils?
 
Bystander said:
You're "blind/deaf" in both nostrils?
It was on the brink (date was yesterday) and I thought it could still work for the sweetened pudding. But fat and water had been separated by boiling it. And of course the milk was unattended ...

DYK that of all 13th Friday is the most frequent weekday?!
 
Weird that some products now have expiration date to the hour: "good until December 27 2019 4:06 pm. " Just what happens around 4:05:59?
 
I wonder why I automatically put my pinky out when I drink tea but not so when I drink coffee.
 
WWGD said:
Weird that some products now have expiration date to the hour: "good until December 27 2019 4:06 pm. " Just what happens around 4:05:59?
In this case it was indeed on the hour. !4th was less than an hour old, and the date was 13th. And, yes, the fridge works.
 
fresh_42 said:
In this case it was indeed on the hour. !4th was less than an hour old, and the date was 13th. And, yes, the fridge works.
!4th? By the keyboard and time-zone difference, I assume 14th?
 
WWGD said:
!4th?
That comes when you change wording while typing. At the beginning of a sentence I automatically hit caps.

How should I know what I think before I read what I typed?
 
fresh_42 said:
That comes when you change wording while typing. At the beginning of a sentence I automatically hit caps.

How should I know what I think before I read what I typed?
How should I know /
 
WWGD said:
How should I know /
Yeah, beside that y and z are exchanged, the special characters are different, too. That was especially annoying at times you had to boot from a floppy disk which didn't have the German keyboard setting in the autoexec.bat
 
fresh_42 said:
Yeah, beside that y and z are exchanged, the special characters are different, too. That was especially annoying at times you had to boot from a floppy disk which didn't have the German keyboard setting in the autoexec.bat
Triest Dvorak (Dvorach?) keybored (before it expires ;))?
 
Wonder why SQL Server services don't start automatically when you load SSMS. It took me a while to figure this was the main reason for the inability to connect. But adding Python, R and ML to SQL Server allows me to forgive them. More so when I finally learn to use it.
 
fresh_42 said:
I only know Antonín Dvořák.
Know him? He died in 1904! aka 1904 1. Besides, he was Czech, mate (Or Check mate!)
 
WWGD said:
Know him? He died in 1904! aka 1904 1. Besides, he was Czech, mate (Or Check mate!)
I know him, but he only speaks czech, so I do not understand him. The séances are bit boring.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
fresh_42 said:
I know him, but he only speaks czech, so I do not understand him. The séances are bit boring.
In the restaurant? Czech please!
 
fresh_42 said:
I know him, but he only speaks czech, so I do not understand him. The séances are bit boring.
Seances? I too confuse 'regression' with Spiritism. I once tried to conjure someone only to hear them say : " I am not dead yet!".