What kind of sport/exercise do you do?

• Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

With weekend and spring approaching, what kind of sport or exercise do you enjoy doing? No, I'm not asking what do you watch on TV :-D
I do yoga almost every day in the morning, at least 30 min. I usually go swimming once a week and enjoy long walks with my dog whenever the weather is nice.
This is not though exercise that would make me sweat but it's pleasant and relaxing.

Likes Psinter

Answers and Replies

I really enjoy running. Wait let me qualify that. I really enjoy running outside, and I hate running on a treadmill.
Being in the frozen wastelands of Canada this presents a problem. So every spring I have to start from a new :)

Spin classes are fun as well. But I can't find any that work with my work schedule :(

Likes TheBlackAdder and ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
I really enjoy running.
Running is the most horrid, atrocious pass time ever (but I run, too, since it's good for me) :smile: Hiking is fun, though.

I also rollerblade and bike. Come summer, I decided that I'm finally going to make an effort to learn to skateboard well.

Running is the most horrid, atrocious pass time ever (but I run, too, since it's good for me) [emoji2] Hiking is fun, though.

I also rollerblade and bike. Come summer, I decided that I'm finally going to make an effort to learn to skateboard well.
That is some cool stuff! :-)

I like to run, I've also done martial arts most of my life. I used to play indoor soccer weekly, but not since I moved.

I'd like to try running, too. I'm planning to go to school playground during summer holidays and train there. That's the only area which is not uphill or in the public :-)

Strongman, weightlifting, swimming. My favorite exercise is the atlas stones, though I wish my back wasn't so sensitive.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
Strongman, weightlifting, swimming. My favorite exercise is the atlas stones, though I wish my back wasn't so sensitive.
Buff!! :biggrin:
I play 3 Soccer games a week
I would play soccer, too, if the field wasn't so huge. IMO, the goals should be closer together :woot:

My friends always tell me that I"m not in shape.
Which is a bold faced lie.
Last time I checked ROUND is a shape!! ?:)

Likes Sophia, TheBlackAdder and ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
:DD

That made me laugh it seems like the sort of thing that would be on an image middle aged moms would share on Facebook!!

Anyway, I'm fairly out of shape too, but believe it or not it's not so much laziness as it is just not having time. I'm really busy. When I do have time, though, I go for bike rides. Especially since the weather is so wicked this year (by which I mean pretty nice and chilly for April)

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Cycling for me. I have a cabin in NC, and there is an off road trail called Jack Rabbit Mountain. It's the most fun I've ever had on a bike. When I was in college, I used to ride about 200 miles/week (on the road). I still ride, light weights (too much tendonitis), sit ups, and walking/slow jogging keeps my 6 ft frame at 200 pounds. I'm 59.

Likes TheBlackAdder
I walk everyday. It adds up to at least an hour of walking everyday. A long time ago I read that this is the extent of the exercise those people in the remote Caucuses get who live to be past a hundred.

Likes TheBlackAdder

I would play soccer, too, if the field wasn't so huge. IMO, the goals should be closer together :woot:
:oldlaugh:

Yeah right I wish. Tell that to my philly cheese steaks and pizza I had for lunch.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
Yeah right I wish. Tell that to my philly cheese steaks and pizza I had for lunch.
Like this?
burger.jpg

TheBlackAdder
Gold Member
I play 3 Soccer games a week
"Well, you know what they say about soccer. It's a gentleman's game played by hooligans. On the other hand, rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen."

Joking of course. I like playing it too. Watching, not so much. Other than that I think running feels like flying and lifting weights lifts my spirit.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
I play soccer 4 or 5 days a week now, I like playing as a right back. Before that I liked lifting three times a week.

so true! If I had to run 3 times from one goal to another I'd faint :woot:
OMG I hated running at school. We didn't run all winter and when the first spring days came the teacher kicked us outside and decided we're going to run arround the village. And the ?!*@! macho teacher rode on his bike and shouted faster, faster!!! ?:)
True story .:DD

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
TheBlackAdder
Gold Member
Damn, I wish I had that teacher.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
I walk everyday. It adds up to at least an hour of walking everyday. A long time ago I read that this is the extent of the exercise those people in the remote Caucuses get who live to be past a hundred.
indeed walking is great and natural low-risk form of exercise.
Some benefits

Damn, I wish I had that teacher.
You should have told me 10 years ago. I'd have sent him to you. And I would pay you for taking him :D