Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Types of Engineering to Build an Electronic Device?

1. Jul 27, 2011 #1
    I want to start an electronic company, but I don't know what are all the types of engineering jobs that are capable to build an electronic device (Ex: Cell Phone, Tablet). When I get to University, I'm planning to make some friends who have a degree on it. Also, I need to know what the jobs really do. I mean if this jobs required an electronic engineer and ..., tell me what they can do with the cellphone or tablet.

Ok, Thank you a million!

At the same time, which engineer degree for this job is better for me? I want to managed the project as a CEO and Co-Founder.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2011 #2
    If you aren't even sure what types of engineering would be required to design an electronic device I think the best idea is just focus on your education and worry about starting the next Apple later...

4. Jul 27, 2011 #3
    I agree.

5. Jul 27, 2011 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Good advice has been given so far. I'd also recommend you read a couple books about entrepreneurial successes, and the things that went into them. This one was a fun read for me:

"Fire in the Valley" -- the making of the personal computer

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Valley-...8927/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311811121&sr=8-1

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook