What Types of Engineering to Build an Electronic Device?

• Thread starter Pagn
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I want to start an electronic company, but I don't know what are all the types of engineering jobs that are capable to build an electronic device (Ex: Cell Phone, Tablet). When I get to University, I'm planning to make some friends who have a degree on it. Also, I need to know what the jobs really do. I mean if this jobs required an electronic engineer and ..., tell me what they can do with the cellphone or tablet.

Ok, Thank you a million!

At the same time, which engineer degree for this job is better for me? I want to managed the project as a CEO and Co-Founder.

Answers and Replies

If you aren't even sure what types of engineering would be required to design an electronic device I think the best idea is just focus on your education and worry about starting the next Apple later...

If you aren't even sure what types of engineering would be required to design an electronic device I think the best idea is just focus on your education and worry about starting the next Apple later...
I agree.

berkeman
Mentor
I want to start an electronic company, but I don't know what are all the types of engineering jobs that are capable to build an electronic device (Ex: Cell Phone, Tablet). When I get to University, I'm planning to make some friends who have a degree on it. Also, I need to know what the jobs really do. I mean if this jobs required an electronic engineer and ..., tell me what they can do with the cellphone or tablet.

Ok, Thank you a million!

At the same time, which engineer degree for this job is better for me? I want to managed the project as a CEO and Co-Founder.
Good advice has been given so far. I'd also recommend you read a couple books about entrepreneurial successes, and the things that went into them. This one was a fun read for me:

"Fire in the Valley" -- the making of the personal computer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071358927/?tag=pfamazon01-20