What's your favorite type of chocolate?

• Thread starter Darth Frodo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Type
In summary: It's Jimmy Snyder. Look at his sig. Anyway, it isn't normally completely flavorless - a tiny bit of the chocolate flavor usually survives, at least with old fashioned production methods.So guys? What's your favorite type of chocolate?In summary, dark chocolate is the favorite type of chocolate for most people.

What's your favorite type of chocolate?

• Dark Chocolate

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Milk Chocolate

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • White Chocolate

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
Darth Frodo
So guys? What's your favorite type of chocolate?

Dark Chocolate?
Milk Chocolate?
White Chocolate?

Mine is probably dark chocolate?

Physics news on Phys.org
Has to be dark, no wimpy milk chocolate for me. White chocolate isn't actually chocolate.

I LOVE the lower % dark chocolate but nothing beats the smoothness of milk chocolate.

Good for you? How?

Dark is good as long as it isn't really bitter (the cheap dark chocolates are bad for this), although as darth says the creaminess of milk is hard to beat for general snacking

Darth Frodo said:
Good for you? How?
It's mental health food. I voted for white chocolate.

Dark, all the way!

Darth Frodo said:
Good for you? How?

http://www.allchocolate.com/health/basics/

Last edited:
Dark chocolate leaves a really good taste

milk chocolate, and

Evo said:
White chocolate isn't actually chocolate.

this

Darth Frodo said:
I LOVE the lower % dark chocolate but nothing beats the smoothness of milk chocolate.

Me too :!).

Dark with raisins, not a choice in the poll.

The darker the better.

Evo said:
Has to be dark, no wimpy milk chocolate for me. White chocolate isn't actually chocolate.

ewwww dark chocolate! Milk chocolate all the way =D

Dark chocolate. Something on which my wife and I actually agree :biggrin:.

Damn, all this talk of dark chocolate is making me want to change my vote!

The reall high % chocolate (70+%) reminds me of coffee. A very strong, delicious, smooth and inviting aroma but a very bitter, face-twisting taste...

Dark chocolate for sure. 85% or higher.

I don't like chocolate that isn't mixed with peanut butter in some way.

White chocolate is an oxymoron.

White chocolate is cocoa butter without cocoa powder. It's actually the least healthy, since it's mostly fat.

My tastebuds for sweet things are overly sensitive. I can eat baking chocolate just fine. I prefer 89% chocolate. 71 is the lowest i'll go, unless it's very special chocolate (salted almonds in 55% is a good treat, but I wish the brand would make the same with 75%)

Is that Ghirardelli? They have an 'intense dark sea salt soiree' that's pretty tasty.

Yep dark chocolate although I like anything between 44% to 85%.

Eating some dark right now. 85%.

Doc Al said:
Eating some dark right now. 85%.

Same here, except it's 91%. :biggrin:

Gad said:
Same here, except it's 91%. :biggrin:
Oh baby! :approve:

When it's time for our neighbors' grand-daughter's birth-day my wife will always make up a big fruit-platter for the kids, including a bunch of of strawberries dipped in Ghirardelli chocolate, rolled in crushed nuts and frozen. Those don't last long.

You can make the berries disappear as quickly with the parents by using the melted chocolate and a final dip of sour cream, but the kids LOVE the crushed nuts, frozen. I can't blame them. I have to stay away when my wife is making them.

turbo said:
When it's time for our neighbors' grand-daughter's birth-day my wife will always make up a big fruit-platter for the kids, including a bunch of of strawberries dipped in Ghirardelli chocolate, rolled in crushed nuts and frozen. Those don't last long.

You can make the berries disappear as quickly with the parents by using the melted chocolate and a final dip of sour cream, but the kids LOVE the crushed nuts, frozen. I can't blame them. I have to stay away when my wife is making them.
Dark chocolate?

Evo said:
Dark chocolate?
Yes. The chocolate is very dark. The kids love those dipped berries with crushed nuts. My wife uses chocolate chunks and melts them in the microwave, then dips the strawberries in the melted chocolate and rolls them in the nuts (chopped walnuts and pecans) before spreading those on a tray to hit the freezer. Kids who are "in the know" make those disappear in short order.

turbo said:
Yes. The chocolate is very dark. The kids love those dipped berries with crushed nuts.
Yumm.

My favorite range for dark is 65-75%, but enjoy up to 85 as well as much lower.

White 100%

Jimmy Snyder said:
White 100%
That's not even chocolate, it's flavorless fat.

Evo said:
That's not even chocolate, it's flavorless fat.

It's Jimmy Snyder. Look at his sig. Anyway, it isn't normally completely flavorless - a tiny bit of the chocolate flavor usually survives, at least with old fashioned production methods.

PAllen said:
It's Jimmy Snyder. Look at his sig. Anyway, it isn't normally completely flavorless - a tiny bit of the chocolate flavor usually survives, at least with old fashioned production methods.
Cocoa butter smells so chocolatey! Take a bite and you'll spit it out.

My father's parents lived in VT and my mother's in NH. I lived in NJ. When I was a child, before the interstate highway system, it took two days to get to my grandparents' place. We would stop along the way at some cheap motel, stay the night and finish up the next day. We would stop at Hebert's candy shop along the way too. My father loved to get ribbon candy, a kind of hard candy shaped into thin wavy ribbons. One year I got a piece of white chocolate on a stick like a lollypop. That was my first taste of it and I thought it was yummy. I never saw white chocolate again until I was already an adult. I thought that only Hebert's had it. I still think it's yummy, smoother than milk chocolate, and full of warm memories too.