What's your favorite type of chocolate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darth Frodo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Type

What's your favorite type of chocolate?

  • Dark Chocolate

    Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Milk Chocolate

    Votes: 8 22.2%
  • White Chocolate

    Votes: 6 16.7%

  • Total voters
    36
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
44 replies · 7K views
Darth Frodo
Messages
211
Reaction score
1
So guys? What's your favorite type of chocolate?

Dark Chocolate?
Milk Chocolate?
White Chocolate?

Mine is probably dark chocolate?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Has to be dark, no wimpy milk chocolate for me. White chocolate isn't actually chocolate.
 
I LOVE the lower % dark chocolate but nothing beats the smoothness of milk chocolate.
 
Dark is good as long as it isn't really bitter (the cheap dark chocolates are bad for this), although as darth says the creaminess of milk is hard to beat for general snacking
 
Darth Frodo said:
Good for you? How?
It's mental health food. I voted for white chocolate.
 
Darth Frodo said:
I LOVE the lower % dark chocolate but nothing beats the smoothness of milk chocolate.

Me too :!).
 
Evo said:
Has to be dark, no wimpy milk chocolate for me. White chocolate isn't actually chocolate.

ewwww dark chocolate! Milk chocolate all the way =D
 
Dark chocolate. Something on which my wife and I actually agree :biggrin:.
 
Damn, all this talk of dark chocolate is making me want to change my vote!

The reall high % chocolate (70+%) reminds me of coffee. A very strong, delicious, smooth and inviting aroma but a very bitter, face-twisting taste...
 
I don't like chocolate that isn't mixed with peanut butter in some way.

White chocolate is an oxymoron.
 
White chocolate is cocoa butter without cocoa powder. It's actually the least healthy, since it's mostly fat.

My tastebuds for sweet things are overly sensitive. I can eat baking chocolate just fine. I prefer 89% chocolate. 71 is the lowest i'll go, unless it's very special chocolate (salted almonds in 55% is a good treat, but I wish the brand would make the same with 75%)
 
Yep dark chocolate although I like anything between 44% to 85%.
 
Doc Al said:
Eating some dark right now. 85%.

Same here, except it's 91%. :biggrin:
 
When it's time for our neighbors' grand-daughter's birth-day my wife will always make up a big fruit-platter for the kids, including a bunch of of strawberries dipped in Ghirardelli chocolate, rolled in crushed nuts and frozen. Those don't last long.

You can make the berries disappear as quickly with the parents by using the melted chocolate and a final dip of sour cream, but the kids LOVE the crushed nuts, frozen. I can't blame them. I have to stay away when my wife is making them.
 
turbo said:
When it's time for our neighbors' grand-daughter's birth-day my wife will always make up a big fruit-platter for the kids, including a bunch of of strawberries dipped in Ghirardelli chocolate, rolled in crushed nuts and frozen. Those don't last long.

You can make the berries disappear as quickly with the parents by using the melted chocolate and a final dip of sour cream, but the kids LOVE the crushed nuts, frozen. I can't blame them. I have to stay away when my wife is making them.
Dark chocolate?
 
Evo said:
Dark chocolate?
Yes. The chocolate is very dark. The kids love those dipped berries with crushed nuts. My wife uses chocolate chunks and melts them in the microwave, then dips the strawberries in the melted chocolate and rolls them in the nuts (chopped walnuts and pecans) before spreading those on a tray to hit the freezer. Kids who are "in the know" make those disappear in short order.
 
turbo said:
Yes. The chocolate is very dark. The kids love those dipped berries with crushed nuts.
Yumm.