Where can I apply as an international student?

In summary: Just make sure that you have good grades and some extra-curricular activities which will show that you are dedicated to your education.
Viru.universe
I want to apply for b.s. Physics as an international student to get quality education, can someone please name such universities all over the world(except MIT,caltech and others biggies) which can provide scholarships. I'm from india, 18yo

Physics news on Phys.org
A quick google search will provide you with answers, go do that.

I did, it wasn't that useful, I'm getting whole big list of various types of scholarships at different universities. How am I suppose to decide which university I must apply? I'm confused, that's why I've posted here. Anyone who has got the same may share the knowledge please, it'll be really helpful. Thank you

Viru.universe said:
How am I suppose to decide which university I must apply?

You could turn it around. How are we?

There are 4500 colleges in the US alone. Your question is impossibly broad.

Vanadium 50 said:
You could turn it around. How are we?

There are 4500 colleges in the US alone. Your question is impossibly broad.

My thoughts exactly.

I'd suggest some Canadian universities simply because the tuition is cheaper, even as an international student.

Pretty much every university offers scholarships available to international students.

McGill, UBC, UofT and Waterloo are good science schools up North

A simple case of 21st century information overload. You can get a high quality education in any state in the US; pick your favorites.

If I were you, I would start the search location-wise, based on things like climate, urban/rural, nearby relatives, and other personal factors. Next assess costs v.s. benefits by looking at scholarships, cost of attendance, etc. Then if you want to narrow your list down further I would look at school features: size, facilities, and special programs.

I'm sorry for the broad question, here is the actual situation: In india, the education system is really bad, right since childhood. The schools don't encourage extra curriculars to a great extend. So when I think of applying at top universities like MIT, the question arises in my mind, what am i suppose to tell them about my background? Just a normal guy who has finished school education, with a couple of extra activities, no exceptional talent or any great certificate or medals in science related exams, just a boy who is really passionate about science and wants to spend the whole life studying it! Just by saying "i'm passionate about science" why would I get selected!? I think I don't stand a chance. So I was seeking for some better than average universities who can atleast give me quality education better than what I'll get in india.
And my family just can't afford such huge expenses of studying abroad, they have already done a lot for me. I hope you understand my situation, if possible then help.
@retro10x- thanks for the names, I'll check those out.
@hsetennis- Climate , location and all is not that much of a concern. Any decent university which can provide full scholarship to a person of such background mentioned above will do.

Last edited:

1. Where can I find a list of universities that accept international students?

You can find a list of universities that accept international students on the websites of the universities themselves, as well as on websites such as Studyportals and US News.

2. What are the requirements for applying as an international student?

The requirements for applying as an international student vary from university to university. Generally, you will need to provide transcripts, test scores (such as TOEFL or IELTS), letters of recommendation, and a personal statement or essay. Some universities may also require you to submit a portfolio or attend an interview.

3. How can I apply for financial aid as an international student?

Financial aid options for international students vary greatly depending on the university and country you are applying to. Some universities offer scholarships specifically for international students, while others may offer need-based or merit-based aid. It is important to research the financial aid options available at each university you are interested in and to apply for aid early.

4. Can I work while studying as an international student?

This depends on the country you are studying in and the type of visa you have. Some countries allow international students to work part-time while studying, while others do not. It is important to research the visa regulations of the country you are planning to study in and to consult with your university's international student office.

5. What is the application process like for international students?

The application process for international students is similar to that of domestic students, but may have additional steps such as obtaining a student visa and submitting proof of English proficiency. It is important to start the application process early and to carefully follow all instructions provided by the university. It may also be helpful to work with an education consultant or advisor who specializes in assisting international students.