Ion Sputtering: Finding Resources for Knowledge

In summary, the speaker is seeking information on "ion sputtering" and asks for recommendations on where to find relevant articles. They have already searched for articles but have not found any information on "bombardment ion current density influence sputtering yield." Another person suggests visiting the website for AVS and looking under "Technical Literature."
lizq
I meet a problem about "ion sputtering "in my work,I want to acquire some knowledge about "ion sputtering ",who can tell me where can i find relative articles?
THANKS!

Physics news on Phys.org
You can get several hundred pages on "ion sputtering" by going to google.com and entering "ion sputtering".

Mr. HallsofIve ,thanks for your suggestion,i looked for papers about "ion sputtering" since several moonth ago,so there are some articles in my hand,but there aren't any relative content about "bombardment ion current density influence sputtering yield", can you tell me where can i acquire articles about it?

Go to the website for the AVS, www.avs.org.

Look under "Technical Literature".

1. What is ion sputtering?

Ion sputtering is a physical process that involves bombarding a solid surface with high-energy ions. This results in the ejection of atoms or molecules from the surface, creating a thin film layer of the material on a nearby substrate.

2. What are the applications of ion sputtering?

Ion sputtering has a wide range of applications in various fields such as thin film deposition, surface modification, and surface analysis. It is commonly used in the manufacturing of electronic devices, solar cells, and optical coatings.

3. How does ion sputtering work?

Ion sputtering works by accelerating ions to high energies and directing them towards a solid surface. When the ions hit the surface, they transfer their energy to the atoms in the surface, causing them to be ejected. This process can be controlled by adjusting the ion energy, angle of incidence, and the type of ions used.

4. What are the advantages of ion sputtering?

One of the main advantages of ion sputtering is its ability to deposit thin films of materials with high precision and control. It also allows for the deposition of a wide range of materials, including metals, semiconductors, and insulators. Additionally, ion sputtering is a relatively low-temperature process, making it suitable for delicate materials and substrates.

5. Where can I find resources to learn more about ion sputtering?

There are various resources available for learning more about ion sputtering, including scientific journals, textbooks, and online courses. Additionally, many research institutions and universities offer workshops and seminars on ion sputtering. You can also connect with experts in the field through conferences and professional organizations such as the American Vacuum Society and the Materials Research Society.