1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which minor is the best complement to an engineering major, finance or economics

1. Feb 24, 2009 #1
    So I'll be doing a degree in engineering but will have some space for some free electives and see myself working as a engineering manager in a high tech company in the future. My goal is to earn as much money as possible. (yes Im a modern ebenezer scrooge:D) Thus I'm interested to know which of finance or economics would be the better choice to study at this stage?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2009 #2

danago

Gold Member

When i was planning my degree (Im an engineering and business double degree), i asked the same question. I didnt really know who to ask since i didnt know any professional engineers, however, a friend of mine's uncle is an engineer who i believe has worked a fair way up the corporate ladder. While i didnt speak to him directly, my friend (who is also doing the same double degree) did. This guy said either finance or industrial relation subjects would be most applicable to a career in engineering. Luckily, finance is what i was interested in so i ended up choosing a triple finance major in investment/corporate/quantitative finance :smile:

Hopefully someone who does actually work in the industry can better answer your question.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook