What Makes Men's Friendships Stronger Than Women's?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary: Do I dare do the Narnia joke? Ah what the hell, I'm going for it!)So far in the closet, he's having adventures in Narnia.In summary, men are better than women because they use the bathroom for #1, #2, and taking a shower. They also do not need to make a honey-do list because they are better at sex.
jarednjames said:
Well in fairness, if you're sitting down too would it ever have a need to be up? It's a bit like saying I never eat garlic but no one ever complains of my garlic breath.
Just because men can do it standing up doesn't mean that they should. We have toilets to sit on now, you no longer need to pee in the street gutter. :devil:

George is *civilised*. :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Just because men can do it standing up doesn't mean that they should. We have toilets to sit on now, you no longer need to pee in the street gutter. :devil:

Urinals?
George is *civilised*. :approve:

If he did it where I grew up, he'd be called a few things but 'civilised' ain't one of them. :wink:

Besides, if you've seen the state of the men's bogs in most places you wouldn't stand to pee in them, let alone sit on them.

Proton Soup said:
women have options now: http://www.pmateusa.com/

I love the "discretion" part.

A woman standing to have a slash is hardly going to be discrete.

This needs to stay out of mature forums, sexist.
There are stereotypes in all formations, for men and women.
I'm sure one of the gender would like to feel smug and superior, but the fact is that both are equal. There is no reason to have discrimination in this scenario; statistically, men and women are of the same calibre of intelligence.

Terraqueous said:
This needs to stay out of mature forums, sexist.
There are stereotypes in all formations, for men and women.
I'm sure one of the gender would like to feel smug and superior, but the fact is that both are equal. There is no reason to have discrimination in this scenario; statistically, men and women are of the same calibre of intelligence.

Relax, breath slowly, regain your composure.

This isn't a serious thread...

I'm betting you haven't read the whole thing and haven't noted the fact every post is meant to be taken lightly. In other words, it's a joke.

jarednjames said:
In other words, it's a joke.

You must be joking.

Borek said:
You must be joking.

Well if every post is a joke then that one must be also, but then it's also correct so it's a serious statement...

Bugger, I've paradoxed myself.

Borek said:
You must be joking.
Quien es mas macho? Borek es mas macho.

Evo said:
Quien es mas macho? Borek es mas macho.

Please read forum rules.

Greg Bernhardt said:
(i) All posts must be in English--posts in other languages will be deleted;

Any comments posted on the Physics Forums that violate our Guidelines are routinely removed.

"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green

Evo said:
We have toilets to sit on now, you no longer need to pee in the street gutter. :devil:

Flushing toilets were invented so we can race the flush.

jarednjames said:
Relax, breath slowly, regain your composure.

This isn't a serious thread...

I'm betting you haven't read the whole thing and haven't noted the fact every post is meant to be taken lightly. In other words, it's a joke.

Orly?
Well I was just using a thermometer and I found that my internal body temperature was hotter at the time of reading your comment AND my heart rate went up. HAHA!
Foiled again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terraqueous said:
Orly?
Well I was just using a thermometer and I found that my internal body temperature was hotter at the time of reading your comment AND my heart rate went up. HAHA!
Foiled again.

xxChrisxx said:

I honestly have no idea what's going on here, apparently I've been defeated in some way. :uhh:

Chris, that clip is now in the archive for next time a PMM thread appears!

xxChrisxx said:
Flushing toilets were invented so we can race the flush.

Assuming I'm thinking of the same meaning as you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's done that.

Point for the ladies. Somehow...I know that women would never do stupid crap like this...ever...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnjb8Hx76u8 But perhaps it also takes a "real" man to epic fail this badly: to arrogantly knock himself dizzy, and then STILL get up to whirl his nun chuks.

I'm sure that I've been cocky in my own life at times; but mostly before my epic fail I assure you, and seldom afterward.

Never give up; never surrender.

FrancisZ said:
Point for the ladies. Somehow...I know that women would never do stupid crap like this...

ever...

Sure they do, they just look hot doing it (watch till the end):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pobuw7Wk2k

Ow! :biggrin:

Last edited:
A two-minute video on how to look like a ninja in 30 seconds. Typical.

BobG said:
A two-minute video on how to look like a ninja in 30 seconds. Typical.

Failed before the video began. Tut tut. No bloke would do that... :uhh:

Men are better at backing into parking spaces than women: Measurement of Naturalistic
Backing Behavior[/url]

Likewise male drivers had statistically faster maximum backing speeds on two of the tasks when compared to female drivers. Like the young and the elderly the males and females did not have statistically different minimum TTC values. It appears that male drivers were able drive faster, but not incur any more risk as measured by TTC.

Interestingly, there's a big difference between how young people and old people back into a parking space, as well. Contemplating a fine looking and appealing shifter seems to bring inner peace to old people.

It also appeared that the elderly were looking in less appropriate directions (at the shifter 9.4% and forward 10.9%) far more often than the young (shifter = 1.1% and forward = 3.3%) at the start of the backing sequence. If the start of the backing is a time of higher danger of pedestrian accidents (as seems likely) then the elderly may be more likely to have accidents during this period since their attention is not focused on the direction of the vehicle. In these situations a backing warning system would be potentially beneficial especially for the elderly.

Pengwuino said:
I will present now a case for why men, whom shall henceforth be known as "the superiors", are better than women, whom shall be known as "the inferiors". The superiors are greater than the inferiors because they use the bathroom for #1, #2, and taking a shower. And each takes less than 10 minutes.

*waits for the bathroom to clear out*

Especially when the inferiors are stupid little girls who are probably just running around in circles in the bathroom when I need to go to the bathroom. :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM ALREADY!

First of all, what women do in the bathroom is essentially magic. They take a beautiful thing... apply ugly powders and goops and some how make it all look even better. I think that earns them some extra time in the shower. Besides, most girls have longer hair than guys, I can only imagine it must be complicated to wash it all. I have a hard time cleaning a plate, let alone 16" of silky hair.

I think we can ask Kurdt on the hair part. :biggrin:

FlexGunship said:
They take a beautiful thing... apply ugly powders and goops and some how make it all look even better.

In my experience beautiful ones don't need a paint. But if you exchange "beautiful" with "ugly" in what you wrote, you are right - there is some magic involved.

drizzle said:
I think we can ask Kurdt on the hair part. :biggrin:

I'm a bloke and therefore lazy. Hair gets washed once a week because I hate damp hair on my back and neck. It tends to look better when greasy though. :biggrin:

Yes its complicated.

Kurdt said:
I'm a bloke and therefore lazy. Hair gets washed once a week because I hate damp hair on my back and neck. It tends to look better when greasy though. :biggrin:

Yes its complicated.

Shave your head. :devil:

Kurdt said:

Yes its complicated.

Shave your head. :devil:

No. :smile:

Kurdt said:
No. :smile:
Double, absolute NO.

Kurdt said:

Yes its complicated.

Probably as complicated as it is with me. I have long (14"+) hair, and I rinse/comb my hair daily in hot water, which serves to rinse most of the crud, but not all of whatever eminates from my pores to provide nutrients and substinence to my hair. I hit it with conditioners once a week, but I'm beginning to think whatever my own body produces to help my hair has gone through a million years of evolotion, at least, and is probably far better than anything I might find in any "beauty" store, even if that's the isles of Wal-Mart

My hair looks best when all I've done is given it a hot rinse in the shower for more than a week. Only then has my mom commented on my curls, the color thereof, etc...

Just wish someone my own age would appreciate the same.

Kurdt said:

Yes its complicated.

mugaliens said:
Probably as complicated as it is with me. I have long (14"+) hair, and I rinse/comb my hair daily in hot water, which serves to rinse most of the crud, but not all of whatever eminates from my pores to provide nutrients and substinence to my hair. I hit it with conditioners once a week, but I'm beginning to think whatever my own body produces to help my hair has gone through a million years of evolotion, at least, and is probably far better than anything I might find in any "beauty" store, even if that's the isles of Wal-Mart

My hair looks best when all I've done is given it a hot rinse in the shower for more than a week. Only then has my mom commented on my curls, the color thereof, etc...

Just wish someone my own age would appreciate the same.

OMG! This thread is just getting depressing (and self defeating).

On the other hand, if we're going to discuss hair syles, I've gotten pretty good results with Clairol Natural Instincts #13. It looks very natural. The fact that some of the grey on the sides refuses to color helps a little bit, I think. It has a mature, but not old, look.

BobG said:
OMG! This thread is just getting depressing (and self defeating).

On the other hand, if we're going to discuss hair syles, I've gotten pretty good results with Clairol Natural Instincts #13. It looks very natural. The fact that some of the grey on the sides refuses to color helps a little bit, I think. It has a mature, but not old, look.

Lol, BobG, "the grey is today what tomorrow will bring."

My grey does indeed lend legitimacy to my words when I speak in public. Sort of a "been there, done that" issue.

Point 2 for the "womens"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGZvFZdVbk&NR

FrancisZ said:
Point 2 for the "womens"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGZvFZdVbk&NR

What's your point? That a woman wouldn't have been so coldhearted as to toss that guy out into a record breaking cold spell with so few clothes?

If so, then I'd say that's 2 points for the men.

Women are the reason the really good merry go rounds are gone - the one's with a 30 foot diameter comprised of nothing but some spokes and a bench; the one's where half the boys could climb towards the center of the merry go round, reducing the moment of inertia to the point the kids on the benches were traveling around at 50mph clutching to the merry go round for dear life with an expression of sheer terror permanently frozen on their faces thanks to conservation of angular momentum. In other words, a world where you knew physics and made sure you were one of the ones climbing to the center or you died.

Thanks to women outlawing "unsafe" playground equipment, even the dumb kids survive today.

Last edited:
Smart women are very, very sexy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFtQEI0qjUA&feature And for the record: I've learned far more from women in my life, than I ever have from my male counterparts.