Will "centrifugal propulsion" works?

Aeronautic Freek
image veichle with 4 wheels ,beams rotate about point " A",each weight can slide radialy on own "beam" ,so weights rotate in cirlce but with different tangential velocity .Different tangential velocity produce greater "centrifugal force" in one part of circle ,so weight "push" at veichle construcion with greater force in ona part of cirlce,so can we drive this veichle forward?

thrust.png

Answers and Replies

so can we drive this veichle forward?
No. You might be able to wobble it back and forth a bit, but not drive it forward continuously.

This would violate Newton's first law and is what would be called a "reactionless drive"

Likes russ_watters
Aeronautic Freek
No. You might be able to wobble it back and forth a bit, but not drive it forward continuously.
can you explain why forces cancle out, so Fnet=0?

can you explain why forces cancle out, so Fnet=0?
Qualitatively you have one mass pushing forwards strongly while you have three masses pushing backwards weakly. They cancel each other out.

If you set it to be one mass then you will get the wobble that I mentioned. It will push forward briefly with a strong force and then backwards with a weaker force for a longer time. Overall it will cancel out.

Aeronautic Freek
@Dale thanks for answer

@berkerman, first time i heard for "reactionless drive" so i didnt know..,ok maybe is best way to delete the topic..

No worries, we will just lock the thread.

Likes berkeman

Suggested for: Will "centrifugal propulsion" works?

• Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views