Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,272 4/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛ [ARISE] 26 left
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛ [CLINT] filter - 3 left: DYING OWING VYING
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 [DYING] filter - most-probable - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [VYING]

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 39/22 - 63.9%/36.1%
 
Wordle 1,272 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

jeez...
jack action said:

[CLINT] filter - 3 left: DYING OWING VYING
That's a good filter, eliminating the "L" culls out a lot of words
 
Wordle 1,273 5/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨 [ARISE] 100 left
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛ [YOUTH] filter - 17 left
⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛ [VOWEL] filter - 7 left: GONER POKER JOKER BOXER CORER RODEO ROGER
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨 [GECKO] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [BOXER]

I forget to set my flag for eliminating the past solutions. :mad: Otherwise, I would have probably got it in 4 with:

⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨 [ARISE] 36 left
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛ [DUROY] filter - 9 left
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨 [VAWTE] filter - 3 left: BOXER OFFER ROGER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [BOXER] filter - most probable between BOXER and ROGER (Maybe I was influenced by already knowing the answer, but I don't think so.)
 
Doh! Forgot a day.

Wordle 1,272 2/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨 SAVOY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 VYING

My seed for game 1,272 looked a bit out there and I almost chose another one, but it ended up leaving me with only 1 solution. What luck!
-----------------------
My seed for game 1,273 was also quite lucky as it left me with only 10 possible solutions, so I did a bit better than the global mean of 5.172:

Wordle 1,273 4/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩 SONAR:10
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩 MOWER: 4
🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛ BRACH: 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BOXER

A real rough one, as 12% of global players failed to solve the puzzle.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and edwardII
Wordle 1,273 X/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩 SOLAR
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩 COLOR a stupid choice, with L in the third spot...
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩 TONER
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩 POWER
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ GOYIM
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩 JOKER

ugh. I know better than to chase the answer. After my fifth (an actual filter word) I saw two possibles and of course picked the wrong one. I'm considering downloading the list of previous solutions, lol.

OmCheeto said:
My seed for game 1,273 was also quite lucky as it left me with only 10 possible solutions, so I did a bit better than the global mean of 5.172
I used SONAR yesterday and changed it to SOLAR today. I don't think keeping SONAR would have helped me.
 
gmax137 said:
ugh. I know better than to chase the answer. After my fifth (an actual filter word) I saw two possibles and of course picked the wrong one. I'm considering downloading the list of previous solutions, lol.
Your chase was doomed from the beginning. Check out the letter in position 2 in all 6 tries.
 
Last edited:
Wordle 1,274 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Back on puzzle 1273:
kuruman said:
Your chase was doomed from the beginning. Check out the letter in position 2 in all 6 tries.
? at least it was correct
 
gmax137 said:
Back on puzzle 1273:

? at least it was correct
I profusely apologize. My aging eyesight deceived me. I missed the first column and thought that the third column is the second. Sorry for the confusion I may have caused, I should have looked closer and known better.
 
Wordle 1,275 3/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛ [SANER] 14 left
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩 [JUICY] filter - 2 left: BUNNY FUNKY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [FUNKY] most probable

I noticed that lately, there have been many words with letters that rarely occur (like F and K). BUNNY was also a good candidate with the double Ns, but the word choice seems to have shifted from positive, cute words to more challenging ones.

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 40/22 - 64.5%/35.5%
 
Wordle 1,276 3/6

⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩 [LEAST] 3 left: BOAST ROAST TOAST
🟨🟨🟨⬛🟩 [ABORT] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [BOAST]

I did not use the most-probable method as TOAST and ROAST seemed very tempting. (Especially that ROAST is an excellent seed word I used just 2 days ago.) But I was still tormented by the fact that every answer lately has a rarely occurring letter, like B.

My choices in the future will lean more and more toward words with rarely occurring letters.