Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game
- Thread starter fresh_42
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,781 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 1,284 2/6










Oh! What a nice present on Christmas Eve. Guessing I haven't been too naughty this year.
Oh! What a nice present on Christmas Eve. Guessing I haven't been too naughty this year.

- 22,832
- 14,880
Because it is not data in your case. It is changing the hypothesis you are testing to suit your picture better. To be scientific you need to choose a fixed hypothesis and stick to it.jack action said:But how could I ignore the data?
edwardII
- 1
- 803
Wordle 1,284 4/6




















sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Wordle 1,284 5/6*

























- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 1 285 3/6















- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 1,285 3/6















Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wordle 1,285 2/6




[STEAL] 7 left: SAFER SANER SAUCE SEPIA SHARE SPARE SUAVE




[SHARE] most probable
That is a nice gift for Christmas!
I could have used either SAFER or SANER to find them all but SHARE and SPARE, or I could have used SHARE or SPARE with the reverse effect. I really liked SHARE for the H present, and it sounds Christmassy. I doubt SANER was the answer, either.
Also, isn't it funny I start with STEAL and end up with SHARE in 2 words? It's a Christmas miracle!
most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 44/26 - 62.9%/37.1%
That is a nice gift for Christmas!
I could have used either SAFER or SANER to find them all but SHARE and SPARE, or I could have used SHARE or SPARE with the reverse effect. I really liked SHARE for the H present, and it sounds Christmassy. I doubt SANER was the answer, either.
Also, isn't it funny I start with STEAL and end up with SHARE in 2 words? It's a Christmas miracle!
most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 44/26 - 62.9%/37.1%
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Wordle 1,285 3/6*















edwardII
- 1
- 803
Wordle 1,285 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 1,285 4/6




















- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 1 286 3/6















Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wordle 1,286 3/6




[SHARE] 81 left




[LINTY] filter - 3 left: AFFIX AVOID MAFIA




[AFFIX] most probable
First mistake: I begin with yesterday's word, so I won't obviously get it in one try.
For my 3rd guess, I was sure it wasn't MAFIA, and AVOID seemed a little negative, so I went with AFFIX.
most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 45/26 - 63.4%/36.6%
First mistake: I begin with yesterday's word, so I won't obviously get it in one try.
For my 3rd guess, I was sure it wasn't MAFIA, and AVOID seemed a little negative, so I went with AFFIX.
most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 45/26 - 63.4%/36.6%
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 1,286 3/6















edwardII
- 1
- 803
Wordle 1,286 3/6
Lucky guess.















Lucky guess.
- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 1 287 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 1,286 4/6




















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 1,287 3/6















Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wordle 1,287 3/6




[RENAL] 10 left




[BIPOD] filter - 2 left: CAIRN GRAIN




[GRAIN] most probable (again with the rare occurring letter G)
most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 46/26 - 63.9%/36.1%
most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 46/26 - 63.9%/36.1%
edwardII
- 1
- 803
Wordle 1,287 5/6

























- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 1 288 3/6















Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wordle 1,288 3/6




[DEALT] 9 left




[CURNY] filter - 1 left




[DECRY]
Between all 9 possible solutions, with today's solution as a 2nd guess, I could have solved it for 4 different solutions but I went with the suggested word by my program that could solve it for 5 different solutions instead.
Between all 9 possible solutions, with today's solution as a 2nd guess, I could have solved it for 4 different solutions but I went with the suggested word by my program that could solve it for 5 different solutions instead.
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 1,287 4/6




















Forgot to post yesterday.
Forgot to post yesterday.
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 1,288 4/6




















edwardII
- 1
- 803
Wordle 1,288 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 1,288 4/6



















