Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Wordle 1,336 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ [LEANT] 48 left
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ [HOURI] filter - 6 left: BITTY DITTY KITTY SIXTY TIMID WITTY
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [WAKFS] filter - 3 left: BITTY DITTY TIMID
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [BITTY] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [DITTY]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,336 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ SCARF
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ LEMON
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩 WHITY (I was going to use "white" but decided to try "whity" to get the Y
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 KITTY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DITTY
 
Wordle1336.png

Assured solution method count update. (Success/Fail): 24/0 - 100.0%/0.0%
 
Wordle 1,337 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [SUITE] 127 left
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› [ROYAL] filter - 6 left: BROOD CROCK CROOK DROWN GROWN PROOF
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› [GAWCY] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [CROOK]

I cheated a little for this one. My suggested filter for the 3rd guess was KNOWN which I knew wasn't good enough. I usually play around with my program to find another one but this time I resorted to an online 5-letter finder. Even with this help, I might have needed an extra guess (for BROOD or PROOF).
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,337 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [SUITE] 127 left
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› [ROYAL] filter - 6 left: BROOD CROCK CROOK DROWN GROWN PROOF
Ah, my old trusted starting combo!!
 
Wordle 1,337 5/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I nearly used ELITE as my starter word, thinking that would be a kew1 solution to puzzle 1337. But I'm pretty sure those days are long gone now.
 
Wordle 1,338 2/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Long time since I had a two! I stole the @jack action / @Orodruin starting SUITE and it really came through for me!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto, jack action, edwardII and 1 other person
gmax137 said:
Wordle 1,338 2/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Long time since I had a two! I stole the @jack action / @Orodruin starting SUITE and it really came through for me!
A long time since I started with that word … nowadays I start with ARISE which has the lowest EER for the remaining pool of words (I’ll reevaluate this from time to time). I even had a different starter in between (ALERT).
 
Wordle 1,339 2/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜🟨 LEAST
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TRAIL
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, edwardII and OmCheeto
Wordle1339.png

This is a good example illustrating the inefficiency of using the three-word, first-pass filter before considering the fourth guess. After the first two guesses, I got all the letters of the target including two of them in the right position. There was only one possible answer left. Nevertheless, I proceeded with the protocol anyway. If efficiency is not your goal but the guarantee that an answer in no more than six guesses without considering previously used words is, then this method does it for you.

Assured solution method count update. (Success/Fail): 27/0 - 100.0%/0.0%
 
kuruman said:
If efficiency is not your goal but the guarantee that an answer in no more than six guesses without considering previously used words is, then this method does it for you.
One can have primary goals, but that does not exclude also having secondary goals once it is clear that the primary goal is already achieved.
 
Only because nothing else fit ?:)

Wordle 1,340 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Last edited by a moderator: