Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1 392 2/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Nice!

3 left after seed. All would have filtered the others too. Guaranteed 3 so went with gut feeling
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,392 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

After the first two guesses I could think of only two words that fit (God knows how many there were), I was lucky.
 
Wordle 1,392 2/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› [ARISE] 3 left: ARMOR ARRAY ARROW
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [ARROW] most probable

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 71/40 - 64.0%/36.0%
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and edwardII
Wordle 1,393 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ PALER 34
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ CUTIS 2 Should have used SUINT. Don't end filters with 'S'
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© SURGE 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 NURSE
 
Finally a little success:

Wordle 1,393 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-04-12 12-16-46.png
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,393 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [ARISE] 3 left: NURSE PURSE REUSE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [NURSE] most probable

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 72/40 - 64.3%/35.7%
This one was a twin … πŸ˜›
 
Aw man... I thought I made a little progress and you ppl just had to shoot it down?! What's wrong with you? :-p
 
sbrothy said:
Aw man... I thought I made a little progress and you ppl just had to shoot it down?! What's wrong with you? :-p
We are Wordle-Borg. We share knowledge in order to create the ideal algorithm to solve the puzzle in the least number of tries. We seek perfection. And while we understand perfection is impossible, seeking it is an infinite path of improvement. And to us, improvement is pleasure. And hence, ....

What is wrong with you?

Afraid you might be, ..... assimilated?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and edwardII
Wordle 1 394 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First time I pick the worst possible EER from a list :cool:. Paid off.

4 left after second guess. LAUGH, DALLY, BALMY, GAYLY. LAUGH would leave DALLY and BALMY while the others would be perfect filters. But naaaah, it was always going to be LAUGH.
 
Wordle 1,394 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› [ARISE] 60 left
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› [CLINT] filter - 7 left: BALMY BYLAW DALLY GAYLY LAUGH LOAMY MODAL
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› [GAYLY] possible answer + filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [LAUGH]

I would have been stunned if my 3rd guess had been the answer, but I played it safe. The answer was my favorite as a 3rd guess, but it wasn't good enough as a filter.
 
Wordle 1 395 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3-in-4 … getting close to miracle week …

Edit: Actually, it is 4 in the last 7 … so I guess this is new miracle week. Last miracle week had some 4s sprinkled in, but this one is 2-3-3-2-2-3-2.

Edit 2: With this, the entropy method is now at 21% 2s, 53% 3s, and 26% 4s for a mean of 3.05. Four 2s away from 3.0.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: jack action, OmCheeto and edwardII
Wordle 1,395 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ TAMER 6
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Using the Orodruin method, I had 2 choices after my first guess for perfect filters/solutions.
The solution ended up being one of the two, and obviously, I picked the wrong one.
 
Sometimes it just happens.

Wordle 1,395 2/6

🟨⬜🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto, Orodruin and jack action
dwarde said:
Sometimes it just happens.
sometimes …

Wordle 1 396 2/6

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3 in a row, 4-in-5, 5-in-8 …

Edit: I am predicting @jack action getting this one in 2 as well …….