Acceleration, Distance, Velocity and time equations.

In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking help with their homework, specifically problems involving equations. The student is unable to access their teacher and is unsure if their equations are correct. They mention specific problems that they are struggling with and request assistance. The expert points out a possible error in the student's first problem and suggests using the correct height.
Surgikill117

Homework Statement

I can only attach one file So I will put a link to flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25742963@N04/sets/72157631801173637/

Homework Equations

A avg.= delta v / delta t
x=v^2/2a
t=v/a

The Attempt at a Solution

I have to do these problems for homework and usually when I have an issue with it I ask my teacher, thing is he has been out for the past two days and this is due tomorrow. All of them have work and equations on them but I do not know if they are correct. On numbers 22, 49, and 50 I could not find a logical answer. I think I may have the wrong equation for those.

Attachments

• 10-18-2012 17.jpg
    10-18-2012 17.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
At your first problem, I don't think you used the correct height. Your total height equals 75 m plus the height that stone achieves after being thrown from the edge of the cliff with initial velocity of 12 m/s.

1. What is acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate of change of an object's velocity over time. It is measured in meters per second squared (m/s^2).

2. How is acceleration calculated?

Acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in velocity by the change in time. The formula for acceleration is a = (vf - vi)/t, where a is acceleration, vf is final velocity, vi is initial velocity, and t is time.

3. What is the difference between distance and displacement?

Distance is the length of the path an object travels, while displacement is the shortest distance between the starting and ending point of an object's motion. Displacement takes into account the direction of motion, while distance does not.

4. How are distance, velocity, and time related?

Distance, velocity, and time are related through the equation d = vt, where d is distance, v is velocity, and t is time. This equation can be rearranged to solve for any of the variables, such as v = d/t or t = d/v.

5. Can an object have a constant velocity and changing acceleration?

Yes, an object can have a constant velocity and changing acceleration if the direction of its velocity is changing. This is known as uniform circular motion, where the object is moving at a constant speed along a circular path and its velocity is constantly changing due to the change in direction.