Aerodynamics Using Gambit and Fluent

In summary, if you are new to CFD and aerodynamics and need help with modeling a simple air flow using Gambit and Fluent, there are plenty of online resources and tutorials available to guide you. It is also beneficial to consult the official documentation and ask for help from experienced users. With patience and determination, you can become proficient in this field. Best of luck!
airfly
Hi everyone,

I am new-by here.

I am totally blind about cfd and aerodynamics.

Can someone please help me how to model a simple air flow such as below link using gambit and fluent?

Please don't assist to learn with below link:

https://confluence.cornell.edu/display/SIMULATION/FLUENT+Learning+Modules

Thank you very much for your help

Airfly

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I forgot to mention that I can use gambit to create the geometry.

er23

Hi Airflyer23,

Welcome to the forum! I understand that you are new to CFD and aerodynamics and are looking for help in modeling a simple air flow using Gambit and Fluent. While I am not an expert in this field, I can offer some advice and resources that may be helpful.

Firstly, it is great that you are looking to learn and improve your skills in CFD and aerodynamics. It can be a complex and challenging subject, but with patience and determination, you can definitely become proficient in it.

As for modeling a simple air flow, I suggest starting with some basic tutorials and exercises to get familiar with the software and its capabilities. There are plenty of online resources and YouTube videos that can guide you through the process step by step.

I also recommend checking out the official documentation and user guides for Gambit and Fluent, as they provide detailed instructions and examples for various simulations.

Lastly, don't hesitate to ask for help or clarification on this forum or other CFD communities. There are many experienced users who are willing to share their knowledge and assist beginners like yourself.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best in your learning journey! Good luck!

1. What is Gambit and Fluent?

Gambit and Fluent are both computer software programs used for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations. Gambit is a pre-processing tool used for creating complex 3D geometry, while Fluent is a CFD solver used for analyzing fluid flow and heat transfer.

2. How is aerodynamics studied using Gambit and Fluent?

Aerodynamics is studied using Gambit and Fluent by creating a 3D model of the object or system being studied, defining the fluid flow properties and boundary conditions, and then running the simulation to obtain results such as pressure distribution, velocity profile, and drag force.

3. What are the advantages of using Gambit and Fluent for aerodynamics simulations?

Gambit and Fluent offer several advantages for aerodynamics simulations, such as their ability to handle complex geometries, high accuracy and reliability of results, and user-friendly interface for setting up and running simulations.

4. Can Gambit and Fluent be used for real-life applications?

Yes, Gambit and Fluent are commonly used in various industries for real-life applications such as designing aircraft, cars, and wind turbines, and optimizing their aerodynamic performance.

5. Are there any limitations to using Gambit and Fluent for aerodynamics simulations?

One limitation of using Gambit and Fluent is the high computational cost, which can be time-consuming and require powerful computers. Additionally, the accuracy of results may also depend on the quality of the mesh and the assumptions made in the simulation setup.