1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aeronautical Engineering

1. Oct 12, 2008 #1
    I am a freshmen in college, and I am really interested in Airplanes and is considering Aeronautical Engineering. Right now I'm just in the General Engineering field, so I was wondering if there was anyone out there that may know a good book (for beginners) on Aeronautical Engineering.

Thanks.. anything/everything helps.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2008 #2
    I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for but Introduction to Flight by John D. Anderson is a pretty good book that touches on many of the basics of Aerospace Engineering. It gives a brief background of the field and explains the concepts of lift, drag, performance, etc. Some knowledge of Calculus would be beneficial to understanding the book.

Just as a warning this is a textbook, my introductory class uses this book so it is expensive to get the latest version. However, I do remember seeing an older version available on Google books at one point.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?