Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aeronautical Engineering

1. Oct 12, 2008 #1
    I am a freshmen in college, and I am really interested in Airplanes and is considering Aeronautical Engineering. Right now I'm just in the General Engineering field, so I was wondering if there was anyone out there that may know a good book (for beginners) on Aeronautical Engineering.

Thanks.. anything/everything helps.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2008 #2
    I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for but Introduction to Flight by John D. Anderson is a pretty good book that touches on many of the basics of Aerospace Engineering. It gives a brief background of the field and explains the concepts of lift, drag, performance, etc. Some knowledge of Calculus would be beneficial to understanding the book.

Just as a warning this is a textbook, my introductory class uses this book so it is expensive to get the latest version. However, I do remember seeing an older version available on Google books at one point.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?