1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AP Physics Exam Projectiles

1. Dec 2, 2009 #1
    Hello guys.

I remember some basic projectiles problems from Honors Physics last year, but I have a feeling they don't involve some of the same complicated concepts of projectiles problems that appear on the AP exam.

This Friday my teacher is going to give the class a single question from I believe the AP Physics B exam, which will cover projectiles. The last part of the question will ask about forces.

Does anyone know of any places that have example problems from the AP exam, in particular example projectiles problems from the exam? I have a feeling that would be the best way for me to study this material.

I appreciate any help

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 2, 2009 #2
    Um... I dont really know where you could find some but If you like I can give you one that is really complicated and covers Projectiles, and Momentum or even I can put some Spring stuff in there or Conservation of Energy.... Im kinda good at making problems so just let me know and ill think one up

Sincerely,
    FoxCommander

4. Dec 3, 2009 #3
    FoxCommander, if you could create a problem that involves projectile motion and momentum, that would be fantastic! If it is really complicated making one then don't worry about it, but otherwise I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

5. Dec 3, 2009 #4
    Ok here is one that isnt two complicated.....

A bullet of mass 75 grams going at 200m/s hits a block and sticks to it, the block is at the edge of a cliff 45 meters high. The block and the bullet fly off and hit the ground 60 meters away. What is the mass of the Block?

Here is one that is even more complicated.....

A block rests at the top of a cliff that is H meters high. A bullet is fired from ground level at a speed of 300 m/s and a mass of 65 grams at an angle theta such that the bullet hits the block horizontally. The block has a mass of 4kg. After the collision the block and the bullet fly off and hit the ground 15 meters from the base. Find the 'H' the height of the cliff and Theta, the angle the bullet was shot off with

I just made these up as i wrote them so let me know if something doesnt add up or if it is too complicated ha ha

Sincerely,
    FoxCommander

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook