1. Under what conditions would an applied force increase the kinetic energy of an object?
2. Under what conditions would an applied force decrease the kinetic energy of an object?
3. What would the Force vs Distance graph look like for a cart on a track connected to a pulley and weight hanger?
The Attempt at a Solution
1. If you increase the mass and/or volume
2. If you decrease the mass and/or volume
3. Would the graph start high on the y-axis (Force) and then have a logarithmic curve decreasing on the y-axis and increasing on the x-axis (Distance)?
Are these answers correct or am I missing something?