How Can I Choose the Best Audio ADC and DAC Converters for My Project?

• Thread starter lousyanson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Adc Audio
In summary, when choosing the best audio ADC and DAC converters for your project, it is important to consider factors such as the resolution and sampling rate, compatibility with your system, and the intended use of the converters. It is also beneficial to research and read reviews to ensure quality and performance. Additionally, considering budget and consulting with professionals can help in making an informed decision.
lousyanson
Audio ADC and DAC is needed !

I am looking for Audio ADC and DAC.
Anyone can give their advice on choosing these two converters?
I am planning to convert the Analog audio to Digital Signal (vice versa) in 10 – 16 resolution bits and fs max will be 44.1kHz.

what is the different between single-ended or differential input for that?

Engineering news on Phys.org

lousyanson said:
I am looking for Audio ADC and DAC.
Anyone can give their advice on choosing these two converters?
I am planning to convert the Analog audio to Digital Signal (vice versa) in 10 – 16 resolution bits and fs max will be 44.1kHz.

what is the different between single-ended or differential input for that?

What have you found so far in your searching the Internet? You have used some good keywords in your question -- what happens when you google them?

Take a look at the website for Analog Devices -- they should have some good devices and application notes to get you started.

At first, i thought it will be easy to pick one ADC and DAC from net or Analog device, but after i look for the spec, it show upto 100 choices...
so i wonder what shud i take more care on it.. i plan to make it as simple as well... but due to the signal is audio, so it may need higher requirements? or anything will does?

lousyanson said:
At first, i thought it will be easy to pick one ADC and DAC from net or Analog device, but after i look for the spec, it show upto 100 choices...
so i wonder what shud i take more care on it.. i plan to make it as simple as well... but due to the signal is audio, so it may need higher requirements? or anything will does?

To refine your search, I googled Audio ADC and DAC +44.1kHz, and got lots of good hits:

http://www.google.com/search?source...GLL_enUS301US302&q=Audio+ADC+and+DAC++44.1kHz

Have a look through that hit list to see if you find something you like. You need to find a good Application Note on how to actually build something like this. It's not an easy project, if you want good audio quality in the end. What kind of projects have you built so far?

Actually, i need to convert the audio output from my CD player to digital form then transmit it wireless by laser...
let put the quality aside, as least i want to convert it into Digital.. i looked for the ADC for 1week d... but i really not sure which will be the suitable 1... even 8 or 10bits also can.

lousyanson said:
Actually, i need to convert the audio output from my CD player to digital form then transmit it wireless by laser...
let put the quality aside, as least i want to convert it into Digital.. i looked for the ADC for 1week d... but i really not sure which will be the suitable 1... even 8 or 10bits also can.

Can you just use a CD player with a digital output built-in?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...CAwQvwUoAQ&q=cd+player+digital+output&spell=1

That would simplify at least that part of the project.

I know at one time the company Burr-Brown had DACs that were used in CD players.

Thanks for the links.
but i think to convert the analog signal to digital is part of my responsibilities.
anyway, still need to figure out the way to get compatible ADC with DAC...

What is an Audio ADC and DAC?

An Audio ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) and DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) are electronic devices used to convert sound signals between analog and digital form. ADCs convert analog audio signals into digital signals, while DACs convert digital audio signals back into analog form for playback.

Why is an Audio ADC and DAC needed?

An Audio ADC and DAC are essential for recording, storing, and playing back audio. Analog audio signals are prone to interference and degradation, while digital signals are more reliable and can be easily stored and manipulated. Therefore, an ADC is needed to convert analog signals into digital form for recording, and a DAC is needed to convert digital signals back into analog form for playback.

What are some common applications of Audio ADC and DAC?

Audio ADCs and DACs are used in a wide range of applications, including music production, sound recording and playback, telecommunication systems, digital audio equipment, and consumer electronics such as smartphones, laptops, and audio players.

How does an Audio ADC and DAC work?

An Audio ADC works by sampling the analog audio signal at regular intervals and converting each sample into a corresponding binary value. The digital signal is then processed and stored for playback. A DAC works by taking a digital signal and converting it into an analog signal that can be amplified and played through speakers or headphones.

What are the key factors to consider when choosing an Audio ADC and DAC?

Some key factors to consider when choosing an Audio ADC and DAC include the resolution, sampling rate, and dynamic range. The resolution determines the number of bits used to represent each sample, while the sampling rate determines how often the signal is sampled. A higher dynamic range means a better quality sound with less noise. Other factors to consider include distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and compatibility with other audio equipment.