Not a questionCan Someone Verify My Balancing Chemical Equations Homework?

• Thread starter Matt1234
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemical
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking verification on their answers for an upcoming test. They provide links to pictures of their work and ask for feedback. The conversation also briefly touches on questions about Li2O and LiOH as well as concerns about the accuracy of methane and the presence of KSO4 in a BaSO4 precipitation.
Matt1234

Homework Statement

Could someone verify if these are correct, my text does not provide answers and i have a test tom.

Thank you very much.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9319/lastscanx.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/886/lastsc1an.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8292/lasts3can.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Bump please

Don't post pictures that wide, resize them to some reasonable size. Scrolling screen left and right to read what you have written is irritating. I have just skimmed.

Why Li2O and not LiOH? Is that product you were given?

Methane looks wrong.

BaSO4 precipitation - these should be lowest possible integeres, and no such substance as KSO4.

--

Related to Not a questionCan Someone Verify My Balancing Chemical Equations Homework?

1. What is the purpose of balancing chemical equations?

Balancing chemical equations is essential for accurately representing the chemical reactions that occur in nature or in a laboratory setting. It ensures that the same number of atoms of each element is present on both the reactant and product side of the equation, demonstrating the law of conservation of mass.

2. How do you balance a chemical equation?

To balance a chemical equation, you must adjust the coefficients in front of each molecule or compound until the number of atoms of each element is equal on both sides of the equation. This is achieved by using mathematical principles and taking into account the subscripts of each element in the compounds.

3. What are the steps for balancing a chemical equation?

The steps for balancing a chemical equation are:1. Write the unbalanced equation.2. Count the number of atoms of each element on both sides of the equation.3. Identify which elements are not balanced.4. Choose an element to start with and use coefficients to balance the number of atoms on both sides.5. Repeat for the remaining elements until the equation is balanced.

4. Can chemical equations be balanced by changing the subscripts?

No, chemical equations must be balanced by adjusting the coefficients in front of each molecule or compound. Changing the subscripts would change the chemical formula and therefore the identity of the substances involved in the reaction.

5. What happens if a chemical equation is not balanced?

If a chemical equation is not balanced, it does not accurately represent the reaction and may result in incorrect calculations or predictions. Additionally, it violates the law of conservation of mass, which states that matter cannot be created or destroyed in a chemical reaction.