Beta Positive Decay reactor

In summary: C^2) In summary, Magnesium 24 launches protons at 20 Mev, which then decay into Na22. This Na22 then decays into anti-electrons and gamma rays which produce heat. The pressure of this decay can be used to generate electricity.
TWest
Okay, I have had a idea for some time and I want to see if it will work.

first you get Magnesium 24 launch protons at 20 Mev then a decay happens. Now you have Na22 sodium 22 beta positive decays into a anti electron of 1 Mev with its counter particle they annihilation into 2 gamma rays which produce heat due to electrical resistance now you use that pressure to make electricity. you lose all but 1/20th but you have a battery of 80,000 j/s for 2.6 years or 28 Tj/kg over half life then it halves at a slope but i do not want to calculate that. Mass into energy in a small area you have a long source of energy for robots and stuff.

EQ = ((6.022 x 10^23/22000) = 1 mev = 1mev *( 6.022 x 10^23/22000) * 1..6 10^-19 = 80,000 (j/s) 1/20th, small container
super conducting accelerators-------> decay force ----------> anti-matter annihilation------> Heat or electricity.

alot of energy in a Small container more than every oil barrel on the world.That is what I was thinking, Is it possible?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
TWest said:
Okay, I have had a idea for some time and I want to see if it will work.

first you get Magnesium 24 launch protons at 20 Mev then a decay happens. Now you have Na22 sodium 22 beta positive decays into a anti electron of 1 Mev with its counter particle they annihilation into 2 gamma rays which produce heat due to electrical resistance now you use that pressure to make electricity. you lose all but 1/20th but you have a battery of 80,000 j/s for 2.6 years or 28 Tj/kg over half life then it halves at a slope but i do not want to calculate that. Mass into energy in a small area you have a long source of energy for robots and stuff.

EQ = ((6.022 x 10^23/22000) = 1 mev = 1mev *( 6.022 x 10^23/22000) * 1..6 10^-19 = 80,000 (j/s) 1/20th, small container
super conducting accelerators-------> decay force ----------> anti-matter annihilation------> Heat or electricity.

alot of energy in a Small container more than every oil barrel on the world.

That is what I was thinking, Is it possible?
This is not practical considering the energy required to produce 20 MeV protons, and the energy losses from scattered protons.

Mg24(p,p'd)Na22 is not practical.

Would you be able to propel the positively charged deutons at 20 mev the energy could be less, due to 30T for little energy due to superconductive linear accelerators.

less energy by my resistance more by magnetic push
1/R=A R is lower A > than Rcu, energy to push it
but still long periods of energy loss 80,000/s isn't bad for long periods like a 2.6 year battery for 1 kg of fuel, 28 Tj.
GJ -------> tj

Last edited:
It takes at least 20 MeV of energy to accelerate a particle to 20 MeV. Since you get less energy back than this, it's not a viable source of energy.

Vanadium 50 said:
It takes at least 20 MeV of energy to accelerate a particle to 20 MeV. Since you get less energy back than this, it's not a viable source of energy.

its 20 Mev per 1 mev in packet of 1 kg a small amount for a 2.6 yr 80 kj /s or 200Tj for 20 Tj 1 kg enough for a robot or space shuttle

80,000 per second for 2.6 yr is the key. 20 per 1 (6.3*10^23)/(1.6^-19) = Mev Mj = 80 kj/s for 16 Mj/s over 2.6 years in 1 small packet of 1 kg. storage not creation for long distances. EE mass of protons(1/20000)C^2 = (E/dt(1/2 Decay)

Last edited:

1. What is a Beta Positive Decay reactor?

A Beta Positive Decay reactor is a type of nuclear reactor that uses the process of beta plus decay to generate energy. This process involves the conversion of a proton into a neutron, releasing a positron and a neutrino in the process. The energy released from this reaction is harnessed to produce electricity.

2. How does a Beta Positive Decay reactor differ from other types of nuclear reactors?

Beta Positive Decay reactors differ from other types of nuclear reactors, such as fission reactors, in the way they generate energy. While fission reactors split atoms to release energy, beta positive decay reactors use the conversion of protons into neutrons to produce energy.

3. What are the advantages of using a Beta Positive Decay reactor?

One advantage of using a Beta Positive Decay reactor is that it produces less radioactive waste compared to other types of nuclear reactors. Additionally, it does not require enriched uranium, which reduces the risk of nuclear proliferation. Beta Positive Decay reactors also have a higher energy efficiency, meaning they can produce more electricity with less fuel.

4. What are the potential risks associated with Beta Positive Decay reactors?

Like any other nuclear reactor, Beta Positive Decay reactors carry the risk of a radioactive leak or meltdown. However, the risk is relatively low due to the smaller amount of radioactive materials used and the design of the reactor. Additionally, proper safety measures and regulations can mitigate these risks.

5. Are there any existing Beta Positive Decay reactors in operation?

Currently, there are no commercial Beta Positive Decay reactors in operation. However, there have been experimental reactors built to test the feasibility and effectiveness of this technology. Further research and development are needed before Beta Positive Decay reactors can be used on a larger scale.