Bingham plastic that is not a suspension

I am looking for a Bingham plastic that is not a suspension. It can either be in the form of an additive to water or a non conductive chemical. The liquid should have a yield stress of 150 Pa to 250 Pa. What liquid could be used here? Are there companies who tailor make these kind of liquids?

Bystander

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member

They are not using a Bingham plastic and they are using a suspension.

The properties of the liquid should be such that the liquid can be standing still in a system of tubes without separating into fractions even after weeks of zero motion. The liquid should also have a lifetime of at least one year and it should have as low a viscosity as possible. One possibility could be long chained silicon oil with polar side chains.

As low as possible and with the correct yield stress.

rbelli1

Gold Member
As low as possible
So what would be an upper bound on the viscosity you need? My low viscosity might be essentially solid compared to what you need.

I don't have any materials in mind I am just trying to get all of the information on display so someone wandering by may be able to give a suggestion.

BoB

Viscosity should maximum be a few hundred centistoke.