Biological carrier wave signals

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of transmitting data using vocal chords and carrier wave signals. The discussants mention that this could be done through rudimentary amplitude or frequency modulation, or by speaking in Morse Code. The conversation also references the use of chants by monks as a potential example of this concept. Additionally, one person mentions a show called Dark Angel where genetically modified individuals use bat sonic waves to communicate for military purposes.
john_basic
hi yea umm

is there any research/thinking regarding carrier wave signals being transmited vocally?

jb

Biology news on Phys.org
john_basic said:
hi yea umm

is there any research/thinking regarding carrier wave signals being transmited vocally?

jb

Welcome to the PF. What do you mean by carrier wave in this context? A carrier wave would normally be modulated to transfer information / data. A person could certainly do rudimentary amplitude or frequency modulation using their vocal chords, but the datarate would be fairly low compared to other forms of verbal communication.

Do you have something in mind?

i have this mad idea that maybe you can transmit simple emotive/thought like data with mouth and vocal chords, tell me I'm mad.. (not natural language)

john_basic said:
i have this mad idea that maybe you can transmit simple emotive/thought like data with mouth and vocal chords, tell me I'm mad.. (not natural language)

Sure you can. At the very least, you can speak in Morse Code. Kind of nerdy, but it is AM modulation of an audio carrier wave.

Have you seen the videos of the monks doing their chants? You might say they are doing some of what you are asking about:

http://www.google.com/search?q=monk...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQqwQwAA

anyone here watched that show Dark Angel where they had genetically modified people that use bat sonic waves to communicate for military purposes. Is this what you are talking about

1. What are biological carrier wave signals?

Biological carrier wave signals refer to the electromagnetic signals that are emitted by living organisms, such as humans, animals, and plants. These signals are generated by the body's electrical and chemical processes and can be measured using specialized equipment.

2. How do biological carrier wave signals affect our health?

There is still ongoing research on the potential health effects of biological carrier wave signals. Some studies suggest that these signals may have a small impact on our bodies, while others show no significant effects. More research is needed to fully understand the potential health implications.

3. Can we use biological carrier wave signals for communication?

Currently, there is no evidence to suggest that biological carrier wave signals can be used for communication between living organisms. These signals are very weak and can only be detected using specialized equipment, making them unsuitable for communication purposes.

4. Do different organisms have different types of biological carrier wave signals?

Yes, different organisms have unique biological carrier wave signals that are specific to their species. For example, humans have a different signal than birds or plants. These signals also vary within a species, depending on factors such as age, health, and environment.

5. How can we measure biological carrier wave signals?

Biological carrier wave signals can be measured using specialized equipment, such as electroencephalograms (EEGs) for brain signals, electrocardiograms (ECGs) for heart signals, and electromyograms (EMGs) for muscle signals. These devices detect and amplify the weak signals emitted by the body, allowing them to be measured and analyzed.