Struggling with Physics Homework? Is There a Book That Can Help Me?

In summary, the individual is struggling with solving problems in their physics class due to a poor instructor and textbook. They are seeking a book that can help them extract information from homework questions to improve their understanding. However, the person has had previous experience with a similar issue in another class and believes it is a combination of difficult material and a poor instructor.
lurch0038
I am having a real hard time solving the problems but I have a good concept of how everything works (thanks to reading the chapters 4 times!). So is there a book that will help me pull the information out of the homework questions to help me solve some of these homework problems. What I need is a book that will overcome a poor instructor, does this exist?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
sounded like me in my first eng physics class...VERY poor instructor, coupled with a poor physics book

i got a couple books, but unfortunately, didnt really help me much.

luckily, i got by ... my scores averaged at most 45%, but with huge curve, was a B ... to me, that was a sign of either too hard of material for the class, or poor instructor. i think it was a mix of both, more on the instructor though. grrr

for reaching out for help with your physics homework. It sounds like you have a good understanding of the concepts, but are struggling with applying them to the homework problems. While a book can be a helpful resource, I would suggest seeking out additional resources such as online tutorials, practice problems, or even reaching out to classmates or a tutor for extra support. It's also important to communicate with your instructor and ask for clarification on any concepts or problems that you are struggling with. They may be able to provide additional resources or guidance to help you better understand the material. Keep practicing and seeking help when needed, and you'll be able to overcome any challenges in your physics class. Best of luck!

FAQ: Struggling with Physics Homework? Is There a Book That Can Help Me?

1. What is a "book for physics" and why is it important?

A "book for physics" is a textbook or reference material that explains fundamental concepts and principles of physics. It is important because it serves as a valuable resource for understanding the laws of nature and how they govern the behavior of matter and energy.

2. How can a "book for physics" help me in my studies?

A "book for physics" can help you by providing clear explanations, examples, and practice problems to reinforce your understanding of physics concepts. It can also serve as a guide for further exploration and study of specific topics.

3. Are there different types of "books for physics" available?

Yes, there are various types of "books for physics" available, such as introductory textbooks, advanced textbooks, reference books, and specialized books on specific branches of physics. It is important to choose a book that aligns with your level of understanding and learning goals.

4. Can a "book for physics" be used as a standalone resource for learning physics?

While a "book for physics" can provide a comprehensive understanding of the subject, it is always beneficial to supplement your learning with other resources such as lectures, videos, and hands-on experiments. Additionally, actively engaging with the material and seeking clarification from teachers or peers can enhance your understanding.

5. How often should I refer to a "book for physics" in my studies?

The frequency of using a "book for physics" may vary depending on your individual learning style and the complexity of the topic. However, it is generally recommended to refer to the book regularly to reinforce your understanding of key concepts and to review for exams or assessments.