Buying - Lab Temperature Controller

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking to purchase a scientific lab temperature controller with inputs for J-type thermocouple. They are looking for a reasonably priced option and are open to suggestions for where to buy one, as well as considering building it themselves. A regular production line automation thermostat is suggested for their needs and McMasters is recommended as a potential source for the controller and thermocouple.
abhipatel
Hi

I want to buy a scientific lab temperature controller with inputs for J-type thermocouple and consists of a standard circuitry of a solid state relay,controller,switch - all enclosed and pre-wired in an enclosure(plastic/metal).

The purpose is not a hi-fi one so need one for a reasonable price. Could anyone suggest me where I could buy one of those. I could build it but I do not know where to get the enclosure. too.

Please suggest.

Engineering news on Phys.org
If you don't need extremes of temperature or ultra tight control (since you are using thermocouples) then just some regular production line automation thermostat shoudl do.

Just check McMasters (or equivalent)

1. What is a lab temperature controller?

A lab temperature controller is a device used to regulate and maintain the temperature of a laboratory environment. It is typically used in scientific research settings where precise temperature control is necessary for experiments and processes.

2. How does a lab temperature controller work?

A lab temperature controller works by using sensors to measure the temperature in the lab and then adjusting the heating or cooling mechanisms to maintain a set temperature. It may also have additional features such as alarms, data logging, and remote monitoring.

3. What factors should I consider when buying a lab temperature controller?

When buying a lab temperature controller, you should consider the temperature range and accuracy, the size and compatibility with your lab equipment, the control interface, and any additional features that may be necessary for your specific research needs.

4. Are there different types of lab temperature controllers?

Yes, there are different types of lab temperature controllers, including on/off controllers, proportional-integral-derivative (PID) controllers, and programmable controllers. Each type has its own advantages and is suitable for different experimental setups.

5. How do I maintain and calibrate a lab temperature controller?

To maintain a lab temperature controller, you should regularly clean and calibrate the sensors, check and replace any worn parts, and follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and storage. It is also recommended to have the controller professionally calibrated at least once a year.