Calculate Temperature of Nitrogen Gas at 2 atm Pressure

  • Thread starter Thread starter MisterP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gas Temperature
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
MisterP
Messages
47
Reaction score
3
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/know
Given: Nitrogen: 2g, it takes 820cm3 at 2 atm pressure. What is the temperature (T) of gas? Answer: 280K

Homework Equations


P*V = n*R*T
P - pressure
V - velocity
n - moles?
R - constant, 0.0820 ? when I use liters, atm
T - temperature in kelvins

The Attempt at a Solution


At first I calculate moles. 2g/14 - 0,142 moles
Then use equation. 2atm * 0,82L = 0,142moles*0.082*T
And I get a totally different answer for T = 149K
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it works now :) I have not been learning physics since 2006. And now we had this 3 week physics course starting from mechanics up to electrics, that's why I am clumsy on these tasks :(