Excel
Shan9
Homework Statement
Calculate the Demand
Relevant Equations
Demand
Image 16.09.23 at 10.50.jpeg

Image 16.09.23 at 10.25.jpeg

I am not sure, If I really understand the Question. This is what I have done so :
Image 16.09.23 at 10.54.jpeg

pax inbound + outbound = total
total/trip no inbound
225/110 = 2,04 -> is the first row

Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah.
It looks like an odd question with the information given.

For flight AA 110 arriving at 0800 hours, 74 people are on the flight, and are we to assume that all have to get on a bus. I suppose so, since they do not mention taxi, limousine, personal cars. Do they have to wait for the people arriving with the bus for departing flight 111, of which there are 101 people? How long is check in time? Boarding time before departure? Unloading time from an inbound flight? Baggage retrieval?

I guess you have to assume everything happens instantaneously......

256bits said:
Yeah.
It looks like an odd question with the information given.

For flight AA 110 arriving at 0800 hours, 74 people are on the flight, and are we to assume that all have to get on a bus. I suppose so, since they do not mention taxi, limousine, personal cars. Do they have to wait for the people arriving with the bus for departing flight 111, of which there are 101 people? How long is check in time? Boarding time before departure? Unloading time from an inbound flight? Baggage retrieval?

I guess you have to assume everything happens instantaneously......
Thanks for your response. They asked to compute the unloading in 30Min. So do I have to compute the total amount of orange?

Is unloading what they mean by passengers getting off the flight? or off the bus? or both.

They opening post mentions the SLS for each airline is provided.
I do not see that anywhere.
Since this looks as if it is a queue problem, perhaps the SLS gives the rate of passenger processing for the airline - ie how long it does take to debark after arrival, grab your luggage and stand in line for ground transportation outside the airport building.. Same for departure flights - arrive at the airport by bus, check in with your luggage, and stand in line at the gate.
There has to be a timeframe of customer processing.

1. What is the purpose of calculating the demand for ground support services for an airline?

The purpose of calculating the demand for ground support services for an airline is to determine the amount of resources and personnel needed to efficiently and effectively provide ground support for the airline's operations. This includes services such as baggage handling, aircraft maintenance, and passenger assistance.

2. How is the demand for ground support services for an airline calculated?

The demand for ground support services for an airline is typically calculated by analyzing historical data on the number of flights, passengers, and baggage handled by the airline. Other factors such as seasonal variations and forecasted growth in the airline industry may also be taken into account.

3. What factors can affect the demand for ground support services for an airline?

There are several factors that can affect the demand for ground support services for an airline, including the number of flights and passengers, the type of aircraft being used, the size of the airline's fleet, and the efficiency of the airline's operations. Weather conditions, airport infrastructure, and the overall state of the economy can also impact the demand for ground support services.

4. Why is it important to accurately calculate the demand for ground support services for an airline?

Accurately calculating the demand for ground support services for an airline is crucial for ensuring smooth and efficient operations. If the demand is underestimated, the airline may not have enough resources to handle the workload, leading to delays and dissatisfied customers. On the other hand, overestimating the demand could result in unnecessary expenses and waste of resources.

5. How can the demand for ground support services for an airline be managed and optimized?

The demand for ground support services for an airline can be managed and optimized by regularly monitoring and analyzing data to identify patterns and trends. This can help in predicting future demand and adjusting resources accordingly. Additionally, implementing efficient processes and technologies can also help in optimizing the demand for ground support services.