Calculating Charge with known voltage and Capacitance in a network

In summary, the charge on the positive plate of capacitor Q1 can be calculated using the equation Q=VCeq, with the value of Ceq determined to be 7.6E-6. However, there may have been an error in the calculation process. Additionally, there are further questions regarding the calculation of Q4, the voltage across capacitor C2, and the total energy stored in the capacitor network, for which more information and calculations are needed.
abigailb55
Calculate the charge Q1, on the positive plate of capacitor.

attachment.php?attachmentid=36520&d=1308279959.jpg

In a previous step in the problem I found the Ceq to be 7.6E-6 and know this to be the correct answer.

Q=VCeq
I used the equation above but the number I found was incorrect.

I am also asked these question and I have no idea what to do with them:

I am also asked this question:

Calculate the charge Q4, on the positive plate of capacitor C4.

Calculate the voltage V2, across capacitor C2.

What is the total energy stored in this capacitor network?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You'll have to show more of your work so that we can see what's gone wrong. Can you post your calculations?

Related to Calculating Charge with known voltage and Capacitance in a network

1. How do I calculate the charge in a network with a known voltage and capacitance?

To calculate the charge in a network, you can use the formula Q = CV, where Q is the charge in Coulombs, C is the capacitance in Farads, and V is the voltage in Volts. Simply plug in the values for C and V and solve for Q.

2. Can I use this equation for any type of network?

Yes, this equation can be used for any network that contains a capacitor and a known voltage. It is a fundamental equation in electronics and is commonly used in circuit analysis and design.

3. What is the unit of measurement for charge?

The unit of measurement for charge is Coulombs (C). One Coulomb is equal to the charge of 6.241 x 10^18 electrons, or the charge of a single proton.

4. How does the charge affect the voltage and capacitance in a network?

The charge is directly proportional to the voltage and capacitance in a network. This means that if the charge increases, either the voltage or capacitance (or both) must also increase to maintain the same ratio. Similarly, if the charge decreases, the voltage or capacitance must decrease as well.

5. Can I use this equation to calculate the charge in a series or parallel network?

Yes, you can use this equation in both series and parallel networks as long as the voltage and capacitance values are known. In a series network, the total capacitance is equal to the sum of all individual capacitance values, while in a parallel network, the total capacitance is equal to the reciprocal of the sum of the reciprocals of individual capacitance values. The voltage remains the same in both types of networks.