Calculating Wattage of a Light Bulb in a Soot-Covered Room

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
ritwik06
Messages
577
Reaction score
0
A light bulb is completely covered with a thin coat of black soot in a room maintained at 20 degree celsius. If the shell has an equilibrium temperature of 100 degree celsius. What is the wattage of the bulb?

I can't understand how to do it. I am a student of 9th standard.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ritwik06 said:
A light bulb is completely covered with a thin coat of black soot in a room maintained at 20 degree celsius. If the shell has an equilibrium temperature of 100 degree celsius. What is the wattage of the bulb?

I can't understand how to do it. I am a student of 9th standard.
Do they give you the radius or area of the lightbulb?

AM
 
Andrew Mason said:
Do they give you the radius or area of the lightbulb?

AM

No nothing at all! I have provided everything given at the question. If it isn't possible just tell me a way hot to prove that the given data is insufficient. :smile: