Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can anyonewe suggest an extended essay project for me in physics

1. Mar 7, 2008 #1
    Can anyonewe suggest an extended essay project for me in physics. I am a grade 11 student in physics and want to do my thesis on. Any ideas please??? Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2008 #2

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Quite a nice project which can be tailored to your level of knowlage is the modelling of a physical pendulum. However, I would speak to your tutor and see whay they advise.

4. Mar 7, 2008 #3

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

The list is endless- what physical phenomena do you find interesting? You could write an essay on rainbows, for example. How plasma tv's work- or Ninetendo Wii controllers. Hybrid cars, fuel cells, regenerative braking, LED's... like I said, the list is endless.

My hunch is that you will find the assignment more interesting by digging down into a topic of interest, rather than trying to write about something 'ripped from today's Nature'.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?