Can someone explaing OPAMPS tasks to me?

• Thread starter the_man
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about learning how to solve examples involving operational amplifiers, particularly the inverting and non-inverting configurations. The first example is a non-feedback opamp configuration acting as a comparator, with a voltage divider connected to the non-inverting input. The second example is also a comparator, but with a non-inverting configuration and a reference voltage provided by a voltage divider. The solution for the first example can be determined by treating the potential divider as a reference voltage at V+ and comparing it to V-. The solution for the second example involves dividing the input voltage and comparing it to a reference voltage set by the voltage divider.
the_man
I am learning about operational amplifiers or so called OPAMPS. And I know how to solve these two examples

EXAMPLE 1 - inverting opamp
EXAMPLE 2 - non-inverting opamp

But how to solve these two:

Homework Statement

IMAGE 1
1. As you can see on picture No1, it is solved, but I need someone to explain to me the logic behind it, because this scheme doesn't match neither inverting or non-inverting opamp. And why formula looks the way it is. Uin = E / ( (r1+r2) / r2 )? If E is Uinput and E goes to +, that means it non-inverting OPAMP, and the usual formula is (R1+Rf)/R1. So that's why I don't understand.

IMAGE 2
This one is similar. The scheme doesn't match to inverting and non inverting opamp, so I am confused how the solution for Uinput is 12,2V.

Homework Equations

So if someone can tell me how I can figure out the formula for the first one or the second example, or for any similar scheme when it comes to opamps, I would be really greatful

Physics news on Phys.org
Circuit 1...

This is a inverting comparator..

ε and R1&R2 can be treated as a simple potential divider to calculate a "reference voltage" at V+ of 1.12V.

If V- is > V+ (eg >1.12V) the output will be low (approx. -12V)
If V- is < V+ (eg <1.12V) the output will be high (approx. +12V)

The sketch graph appears correct.

Circuit 2...

This is a non-inverting comparator..

In this case ε provides a 5V "reference voltage" on V-.

The input u is divided down by the divider R1&R2 and presented to V+. The divider ratio is about 0.41.

If V+ (=u*0.41) is > V- (=5V) the output will be high (approx. 12V). For this to be the case u must be greater than 12.2V (= 5/0.41)

If V+ (=u*0.41) is < V- (=5V) the output will be low (approx. -12V). For this to be the case u must be less than 12.2V

Likes 1 person

1. What is an operational amplifier (OPAMP)?

An operational amplifier, also known as an op amp, is an electronic component that amplifies the difference between two input signals and produces an output signal that is a multiple of this difference. It is commonly used in electronic circuits to perform mathematical operations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

2. How does an op amp work?

An op amp is a high-gain differential amplifier, which means it amplifies the difference between its two input signals. It has two inputs: the inverting input and the non-inverting input. The op amp's output signal is the difference between these two input signals multiplied by its gain. The gain of an op amp is typically very high, in the range of tens of thousands to millions.

3. What are the main tasks of an op amp?

The main tasks of an op amp are to amplify a signal, to perform mathematical operations, and to act as a buffer or impedance converter in a circuit. It is also used to filter and shape signals, to generate oscillations, and to provide voltage and current stabilization.

4. What are some common applications of op amps?

Op amps are used in a wide range of electronic circuits, including audio amplifiers, filters, oscillators, sensors, and control systems. They are also used in communication systems, medical equipment, and scientific instruments.

5. How do I choose the right op amp for my project?

When choosing an op amp, you should consider factors such as the required gain, bandwidth, input and output impedance, power supply requirements, and cost. There are many different types of op amps available, each with its own specifications and characteristics. It is important to carefully research and compare different options to find the best fit for your project.