What is the Ka and pKa for a weak monoprotic acid with given titration data?

In summary, the problem involves finding the Ka and pKa for a weak monoprotic acid using titration data. The pH of the solution after 31.64 mL of NaOH was added is given as 4.96. The concentration of NaOH is not provided. The equations used to solve the problem are the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation and the equilibrium constant equation.
feelau

Homework Statement

Kk so the problem is that we have 55.48 ml of NaOH was required to titrate 25 mL of a weak monoprotic acid. After 31.64 mL of NaOH had been added, the pH is 4.96 for the solution. Calculate the Ka and pKa for this weak acid.

Homework Equations

pKa= pH + log(acid/conjugate base) maybe?
ka=products/reactants

The Attempt at a Solution

I wanted to make the NaOh and acid a ratio and then since we know what pH is, just use the first equation but I don't think that'll be correct. Other than that I'm not sure how to approach this. Help will be aprreciated thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Not enough info. What is the concentration of NaOH?

the concentration isn't given, I copied the exact problem.

nevermind, i found out how to solve it

What is the purpose of this chemistry question?

The purpose of this chemistry question is to test your understanding of a particular concept or topic in chemistry.

Why is my homework due tomorrow?

Your homework is due tomorrow because it is important for you to practice and apply what you have learned in class in a timely manner.

Can I find the answer online?

It is not recommended to search for the answer online as it may not accurately reflect your understanding of the material. It is best to try to solve the question on your own or seek help from a tutor or teacher.

What happens if I don't complete my homework on time?

Not completing your homework on time may result in a lower grade or missed learning opportunities. It is important to stay on top of your assignments to fully grasp the material.

How can I improve my understanding of this topic?

To improve your understanding of this topic, you can review class notes, seek help from a tutor or teacher, and practice solving similar problems. It is also helpful to ask questions and actively participate in class discussions.