• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Classical Mechanics Problem with balls

haruspex

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
ok if a_A is the acceleration on x axes then cosθ=a_AG/a_A right? where a_AG is the component in a_AG direction
Yes.
Now consider this: the distance from A to G is constant. What does that tell you about how the component of G's acceleration in the AG direction relates to aAG?

isnt Gs acceleration down???

ive been trying 2 days now straght . all . ive asked other people no1 will give me a full answer so i can study it and understant it. because that the policy .. i give up
Yes.
Now consider this: the distance from A to G is constant. What does that tell you about how the component of G's acceleration in the AG direction relates to aAG?
nvm i give up.. its 3 day straight im just doing this thing... and no1 can give me a full answer since i cant derive it..gn

haruspex

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
isnt Gs acceleration down???
Yes, but it also has a component in the AG direction.
It might help to think about velocity components first. What would happen to the string if the component of G's velocity in the AG direction were greater than the component of A's velocity in the AG direction?