Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
Ivan Seeking said:
Works for me! The fire is a metaphor.
Yes, fire as a metaphor.
Give a man a match, and it'll keep him warm for a minute.
Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, jack action, phinds and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
1737355903042.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, DennisN, dextercioby and 9 others
dwarde said:
1737408856946.png
The Dangers of Cliff-Walking by Eileen Dover.
 
  • Like
  • Care
Likes   Reactions: davenn, nuuskur, edwardII and 1 other person
Many years ago I worked with a guy (now long gone) whose parents came from China during the Truman administration. They named him in honor of the President - Harry.

His last name was Dong. No joke.
 
  • Haha
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: davenn, nuuskur and edwardII
Ivan Seeking said:
Many years ago I worked with a guy (now long gone) whose parents came from China during the Truman administration. They named him in honor of the President - Harry.

His last name was Dong. No joke.
I think my favorite Asian takeaway is run by Mhai Ding A-Ling.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, jack action and Ivan Seeking
Swamp Thing said:
Then why post it here?
It is the truth masquerading as a joke. So I guess it's a fake joke.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and Swamp Thing
Ivan Seeking said:
It is the truth masquerading as a joke. So I guess it's a fake joke.
I see what you did there. Mind the prohibition on politics here my good man. :wink:
 
fresh_42 said:
Honi soit qui mal y pense!
Gentle reminder that Klingon is not allowed at PF. :smile:
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and phinds
berkeman said:
I see what you did there. Mind the prohibition on politics here my good man. :wink:
LOL! That has nothing to do with politics.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
LOL! That has nothing to do with politics.
I'm not saying nothin' because I'll have to ban myself. :rolleyes:
 
berkeman said:
I'm not saying nothin' because I'll have to ban myself. :rolleyes:
Seriously. See you next year!
 
berkeman said:
Gentle reminder that Klingon is not allowed at PF. :smile:
Wikipedia said:
Honi soit qui mal y pense ... spoken by the medieval ruling class in England.

Ergo: educational mission.
 
DrGreg said:
Eileen Dover
50 Yard Dash to the Outhouse, By Willy Makit, Illustrated by Betty Dont.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jtbell, davenn, jack action and 1 other person
Then there's "Get Smart"'s Harry Hoo.

Maxwell Smart: Who's that?
Policeman]: That's Hoo.
Maxwell Smart: Who's who?
Policeman: He's Hoo.
Maxwell Smart: Oh, he's who. What are you talking about?
 
Many years ago, early in my teaching career, my department had to hire a new faculty member. We had applications from guys named Ding and Dong. Our chairman said he wished we could hire both of them, because then we would have Ding, Dong and Bell.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, Ibix and BillTre
Back in my cubicle days, I noticed that two of my colleagues, Ron and Jeremy, were cubicle neighbours. I stole their name plates and replaced them with a single large sign high up on the wall that said "Ron Jeremy" in giant bold letters.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, jtbell, davenn and 3 others
DaveC426913 said:
Back in my cubicle days, I noticed that two of my colleagues, Ron and Jeremy, were cubicle neighbours. I stole their name plates and replaced them with a single large sign high up on the wall that said "Ron Jeremy" in giant bold letters.
Reminds me of my first quarter at Ga Tech, where we were assigned arbitrary roommates in the dorms and my assigned roommate was Nick Farmer. They put last name signs on the door and as we were settling in, a guy knocked on our door and when I opened it he said "I just had to meet this guy Farmer Hinds".
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, BillTre and berkeman
I tried to find new friends outside of Facebook. So I went into the street and shouted what I was eating and how I felt. I already have three followers: two police officers and a psychiatrist.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jtbell, phinds, BillTre and 3 others