Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
fresh_42 said:
There is a common idiom in German: "something borders stupidity". It is used in discussions and the question of what this 'something' is is usually not answered explicitly since it emerges from context.
This sounds a lot like the Western saying: "[something] borders on stupidity", as in: "going boating without life jackets borders on stupidity".
 
Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
This sounds a lot like the Western saying: "[something] borders on stupidity", as in: "going boating without life jackets borders on stupidity".
Yes, that's the same. I just didn't know whether the German preposition "an" also existed in its English version so I erroneously omitted it. I will never be able to use or hear it again without thinking of the answer the social media suggests these days. But before you use it, do not forget Mexico.
 
lEdo0Q7kNvgFQLJmw&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent-fra5-2.jpg


Caption: At some point, everyone loses control.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Astranut, WWGD, DennisN and 1 other person
I think that the borders of stupidity have grown a lot recently. Must have been an annexation of common sense to have grown that much.
 
Interviewer: Please give me a one word description of your work ethic
Candidate: Sometimes I don't follow directions well.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and pinball1970
256bits said:
egad. The tariffs are already here.
And someone doesn't what us to know about it! :cry:

1738205983836.png
 
Attachments
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits, BillTre and fresh_42
berkeman said:
You're starting to scare me Oro... :smile:
The comic has been popping up in my Facebook feed lately and I have come to appreciate it for how it says regular things with words that seem more descriptive. In particular those relating to parenting.
 
I loved Snoopy when I was a child, and I still do. :smile:

1000046456.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: davenn, WWGD, jtbell and 5 others
What did Tennesee, boys? She saw what Arkansas.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, fresh_42 and Ibix
What's for dinner in Area 51?

Unidentified frying objects.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, D H, DennisN and 3 others