Question About College Level Help

• Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about whether the College Level Help board is necessary and if the people on the board are qualified to help college and graduate students. The original poster believes there is already enough help in universities and doubts the effectiveness of the board. However, the other person in the conversation believes that the board is necessary and that there are qualified individuals, including PhD students, who can provide help. They also mention the potential benefits of seeking help from a PhD student rather than a busy full-professor.
Dagenais
I don't think the College Level Help board is neccesary.

Their is enough help in University, and I doubt they would find help here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by kenikov
Their is enough help in University,

During the school year, we get plenty of college level questions here.

and I doubt they would find help here.

I taught university level physics for 4 years. Don't you worry, I can handle it.

Yes, but do you really think the people here are really QUALIFIED to teach/help College students including those of which could be in Graduate school?

Originally posted by kenikov
Yes, but do you really think the people here are really QUALIFIED to teach/help College students including those of which could be in Graduate school?

Yes. There are people here with PhD's, and I am close to that level myself (I just have to finish my thesis). I could teach any core graduate physics course.

And sometimes it's easier to understand from a PhD student you don't see face to face than from a full-professor you only get to ask one question as he's very busy...

1. What is college level help?

College level help refers to academic assistance and resources that are available to students at the college level. This can include tutoring, study groups, writing centers, and other support services that are designed to help students succeed in their coursework.

2. Why do I need college level help?

College level courses can be challenging and require more independent learning and critical thinking skills than high school. Seeking out college level help can help you better understand the material and improve your academic performance.

3. How can I find college level help?

Most colleges and universities have a variety of support services available for students. These can often be found through the school's website or by visiting the student services center on campus. Additionally, professors and fellow students can be great resources for finding help.

4. Is college level help free?

Many colleges and universities offer free tutoring and other support services to their students. However, there may be some additional fees for specialized services or resources. It is best to check with your school's student services center for more information.

5. How can college level help improve my academic success?

College level help can provide you with the tools and support you need to better understand the material, improve your study habits, and ultimately succeed in your coursework. By utilizing these resources, you can strengthen your academic skills and achieve your academic goals.