1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Current (y-axis) against time (x-axis) graph -- help please

1. Nov 30, 2014 #1
    Please, can someone give me some help?

The question is:

Draw a graph of current (y-axis) against time (x-axis) to illustrate exactly what is meant by an alternating current of 50 Hz and peak value 12 V?

My attempt:

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2014 #2
    I really have no idea how to do it, literally, my teacher haven't taught us that yer.... I beg for help please ....

4. Nov 30, 2014 #3

Ray Vickson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Look for help on-line. Google 'plotting graphs', or something similar. Alternatively, consult your textbook, if you have one.

The point is that trying to explain how to plot graphs in a PF message is impractical; all the explanations and details have already been written up by others, and the explanations are readily available.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Nov 30, 2014 #4

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Are you sure you have the correct assignment? Your OP mentions plotting current against time, and then you mention an alternating current of 50 Hz with a peak value of 12 V. Volts are not used to measure current, which is supposed to be measured in units of amperes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted