Electronic Door Control Design Ideas

In summary, the individual is seeking ideas for their project class in control systems and is considering using a miniature door frame with electronic control. They are looking for suggestions on what kind of device to use for the electronic opening and closing of the door, with a suggestion to look at automatic doors at hospitals and supermarkets or use a worm drive and motor if speed is not a concern.
RegardedBody
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, I'm in my final semester studying control systems and need to design something for my project class.I was thinking of building a miniature door frame with a door that opens and closes electronically while controlled by momentary on and off pushbuttons. But what kinda of device can I use to electronically open/close the door?

Some kind of piston device?

Any ideas are appreciated! :)

Engineering news on Phys.org
RegardedBody said:
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, I'm in my final semester studying control systems and need to design something for my project class.

I was thinking of building a miniature door frame with a door that opens and closes electronically while controlled by momentary on and off pushbuttons. But what kinda of device can I use to electronically open/close the door?

Some kind of piston device?

Any ideas are appreciated! :)

Welcome to the PF.

Look at automatic doors at hospitals and even the supermarket. What do they look like they are using?

If speed is not a big issue, you can use a worm drive and motor.

What is an engineering project?

An engineering project is a task or endeavor that involves applying scientific principles and techniques to design, build, or improve a product, system, or process.

How do I come up with an engineering project idea?

To come up with an engineering project idea, start by identifying a problem or need that can be addressed through engineering. Then brainstorm potential solutions and choose the most feasible and innovative one.

What are some examples of engineering projects?

Some examples of engineering projects include designing a new renewable energy source, creating a more efficient transportation system, developing a new medical device, or improving a manufacturing process.

What skills are needed for an engineering project?

Engineering projects require a combination of technical skills, critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity, and effective communication. It also helps to have knowledge in a specific field of engineering, such as mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering.

What are the steps involved in an engineering project?

The steps involved in an engineering project typically include identifying the problem, researching and gathering information, brainstorming and developing a solution, designing and prototyping, testing and refining, and implementing the final product or process. It is also essential to document and communicate the project throughout the process.